Our client- an international and reputable research provider, is hiring a Team Lead for the Asia Country Risk team based in Singapore. The role is focused on providing economic, political and financial market analysis, assuming overall responsibility for the mandate and editorial direction of the organisation’s analysis and forecasts for the region.
Some of the key responsibilities will include:
- Bring together research output and managing the daily research workflow of the Asia Country Risk team, ensuring all content deadlines are met
- Guidance and mentorship to develop and groom the analysts in the team
- Edifying and encouraging members of the team to perform at high levels of excellence
- Close communication with internal and external stakeholders, including building close relationships with key macroeconomic and political risk analysts, analysts in related Industry teams and Sales team
- Set the editorial and analytical direction of the day-to-day research output of the team, including providing analytical and thought leadership
- Intellectual conversations by challenging and questioning team member’s forecasts and views to ensure accuracy and credibility, including rigorous content proofing
- Covers a portfolio of key countries
- Regularly producing agenda setting research that is innovative and sets a strong narrative for Asia
- Contributing to broader research team-wide projects and initiatives Commercial Representing the team and developing relationships with clients by delivering views and forecasts as well as participating at industry events.
To be eligible for this role you will require:
- Strong academic track record with at least University degree level with a specialty in finance, economics, law or business.
- MA/MSc Economics or relevant work experience. CFA level I, II or III not necessary, but beneficial
- Significant relevant experience in economic analysis required, ideally with a focus on Asia, but we would consider a strong candidate who has been focused on a different region
- Experience managing and nurturing a team or group of more junior analysts required
- Competent to work with and analyze large data sets and forecast across key macroeconomic indicators
- Strong writing skills, able to explain technical concepts in simple terms
- Able to work under tight time pressure and deadlines
- Fluent English skills (written and spoken) is essential
- Confident in public speaking
Candidates with relevant experience and looking for new opportunity, please email your cv directly in word format with job reference no. JOB-10045 to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only candidates based in Singapore will be considered. No work visa sponsorships is provided.
Please note that due to the high number of applications only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you do not hear from us in the next 5 business days we regret to inform you that your application for this position was unsuccessful.
Recruiter Licence: R1106582 EA Licence: 16S8131