The financial landscape is facing pressures from various sources to innovate in an ever-changing environment. With regulators tightening the rules, and young up starts from fintech challenging the status quo, now is the time for banks to change. The Bank of Singapore is currently embarking on changes to enhance our service offerings. We are looking for Head of Quality Engineering for our innovative change programs.
- Design/Architect agile test automation framework and define automation test strategy across the application landscape covering the end-to-end products flows and regression
- Provide hands-on coaching, guidance to various squads to ensure progress as per organizational test automation strategy
- Building a framework to govern test automation progress and regular reporting to various stakeholders
- Drive automation testing for all the Tribes/Squads to improve the quality and efficiency of overall testing cycle
- Ensure test automation alignment with overall DevOps strategy
- Come up with strategy of end-to-end automation and guiding the teams to implement the same taking full ownership
- Implement a quality maturity model and accessing various tribes/squads on their maturity levels on periodic basis; guiding tribes/squads to improve their maturity level
- Automate test data provisioning by extracting and injecting test data as per the projects' requirements.
- Improve efficiencies through reusable and robust automation scripts and maintainability of the automation test scripts
- Run demo, walkthrough and/or training to enable the squads to execute the automation scripts and enhance knowledge
- Manage stakeholders at all levels right from Delivery Executives, Project managers, Product owners, Scrum masters, automation engineers and vendor partners
- Run a guild to conduct regular knowledge sharing sessions to improve overall maturity of the organization and sharing best practices across squads
- Evaluate and implement best automation tools that fits with the organizational requirements
- Keeping updates on industry best practices of test automation and suggesting/implementing tools, processes towards making continuous improvements
Work Experience Requirements
- Over 10 years of experience in automation testing with Hands on experience in both open source and licensed automation tools, preferably in Selenium, Validata, Appium, Tosca.
- In-depth hands-on experience of Behaviour Driven Development (BDD) practices with project/program level implementation knowledge.
- Hands on knowledge of implementing log aggregator (ELK) for various use cases.
- Proficiency in scripting languages like Python, Groovy etc.
- Exposure to both functional and non-functional testing, manual and automation testing in banking and financial domain (Private Banking, Investment Management, Asset Management, preferred)
- Stay abreast of latest Test Automation, Automation tools and frameworks and also, with new trends, Open Source.
- Sound knowledge of Continuous Integration & Continuous Development (CI & CD) and alignment of tests execution within CI/CD pipelines. Hands-on experience with CI/CD tools (e.g. Bitbucket, Jenkins, Maven, Nexus etc.)
- Able to build and manage a team (capacity Planning) that includes both internal and externally sourced testers. Motivate the team, recognize good talent and bring out the best out of each individual.
- Good understanding of project management principles and familiarity in different development & testing methodologies.
- Sound knowledge of agile methodologies; Ability to perform multi-tasking and working in an Agile environment
- Passion for and ability to work with software development teams releasing production-ready software on a daily basis
- Ability to work among multiple teams and communicate effectively to both technical and non-technical teammates
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to build and deliver powerful presentations to ensure Quality Engineering vision is understood and implemented correctly.
- Proficient in all areas of vendor management including experience with onshore / offshore / outsourcing models
*LI - Kit
- Master's degree/ Bachelors in information technology, computer science or related discipline