The Role Responsibilities
Process, Premium Service, Productivity and Budgetary Management
- Delivering consistent and reliable Trade Finance transactions to Tier 1 Clients in line with their personalised service needs to Win through Service. Operating with a deep understanding of client business and the products they operate. Empowered decision makers taking ownership of transactions and enquires and leveraging Trade Product Operations, Trade Core Operations and Trade GBS Operations to ensure service standards are fulfilled.
- Meet Targets set on Query reduction, First Contact Resolution and Quick Kills.
- Handle escalated cases for tier 1 clients and ensure quick and satisfactory resolution.
- Ensure meeting of Targets set on SLA adherence, TAT for Tier 1 clients.
- Ensure queries are resolved within agreed TAT for Tier 1 Clients.
- Provide oversight for overdue queries and complaints.
- Ensure handling of Queries/Complaints as per the Documental Operating Instructions manual, customer's instructions and within the timeliness and accuracy standards specified.
- Ensure all referrals are accurately checked and responded correctly with the SLA and in compliance with statutory regulatory and internal operational instructions.
- End to End Ownership of all Tier 1 (ex-priority) clients service queries/complaints until satisfactory resolution.
- Ensure prioritisation of Tier 1 (ex-priority) clients from a processing standpoint to achieve targeted TAT for all their transactions.
- Monitor and uplift Utilisation for Tier 1 (ex-priority) clients as per target set.
- Meet tier 1 clients to gain feedback and suggestions on service improvement.
To follow the laid down procedure and standard of service and ensure operations complies with applicable
Governance & Risk Management
- By Generic Product Program and Country Product Addendum.
- Money Laundering Prevention Procedures and report any suspicious activity to the Unit Money Laundering Prevention Officer and Line Manager.
- Sanctions policy & procedures
- Group Policies / GDOI
- Legal & Compliance Policies
Business Continuity Management
- Immediate escalation of all queries/complaints received from regulators.
- Ensure Set Control standards are adhered to and met.
- Proactive identification of risks and concerns including escalation to all relevant stakeholders.
- Monitor complaints and completion of corrective action.
- Support to effectively implement all operational, regulatory and financial control measures and monitoring plans for compliance and control standard as per the defined Enterprise Risk Management Framework.
- Proactively communicate with the Business Unit Head and BRM on operational risk issues. Escalate significant events to Business Unit Head /BRM as appropriate. Support operations team pre/post audits and assurance reviews.
- Embed the Group's values and code of conduct. Develop a robust culture to ensure adherence with the highest standards of ethics, and compliance with relevant policies, processes and regulations among employees.
Regulatory & Business conduct:
- To support Business Continuity Management ("BCM") plan if applicable.
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Always work towards achieving the outcomes set out in the Bank's conduct Principles. Fair Outcomes for Clients, Effective Financial Markets, Financial Crime Compliance, The Right Environment.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Head & team members of Trade Operations
- Head & managers of GBS
- Trade UORM
- Group Trade Product and Client Operations
- Local TB Product Management
- Business Technology
- Front Office & Middle Office
- Other Operations Functions
- Other Functions (HR, Finance, Legal & Compliance, Tax)
- Audit and investigations
Our Ideal Candidate
- External consultants
- Bank Audit / Accounting firms
- Local and Regional Regulators
- 2+ years' experience in Trade Finance Operations/ Services
- Experience in Operations and Client Services
- Understanding of trade products, process flow, regulations and accounting rules
- Education: Diploma or university graduate or above.
- Experience: Fresh graduate or at least 1-year Operations and Client Services working experience.
- Knowledge on various types of trade products and good understanding of process flow, regulations and issues faced by clients.
- Good analytical, problem solving and operational skills.
- Good understanding of service quality principles.
- Good written and verbal communication skills Advanced skills on presentation & email writing.
- Sound PC / MS Office skill.
- Self-motivator, able to manage multiple tasks and work under pressure.
Role Specific Technical Competencies
- Passion in identifying and driving new operations improvement opportunities.
- Other than above roles, job holders should follow other job duties and responsibilities assigned by line manage from time to time.
About Standard Chartered
- Business facilitation
- Business Partnering
- Process Management
- Manage Change
- Service Delivery and Operations
- Products + Processes
- Business Governance and Support
We're an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we've worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you're looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can't wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity, together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours. When you work with us, you'll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
In line with our Fair Pay Charter,
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
Recruitment assessments -
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills, global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies - everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you've applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.
Visit our careers website www.sc.com/careers