At Bank of Singapore, we are constantly on the lookout for exceptional individuals to join our team. We promote a culture of openness, teamwork and fairness. Most importantly, we invest in our people through our programmes that develop them on both professional and personal levels. Besides attractive remuneration packages, we offer non-financial benefits and opportunities to develop your potential within OCBC Group’s global network of subsidiaries and offices. If you have passion, drive and the will to succeed, rise to the challenge today!
Bank of Singapore opens doors to new opportunities.
Start your career with Bank of Singapore as a Team Lead - Premium Advisory
Premium Advisor Role (External Client Coverage)
- The candidate, as Team Lead for Premium Advisory, will lead a team of premium advisors who are responsible for the growth of Capital Markets business through direct engagement with the sophisticated clients of the bank who requires active trading and depth of asset class expertise.
- The role involves providing proactive tailored advisory solutions to such clientele with the objective to deepen the wallet-share and mind-share with our clients.
- The candidate should be a self-starter with entrepreneurial mindset in managing daily client engagement. The ideal candidate should demonstrate a result-oriented mindset, measured through various growth metrics both quantitatively and quantitatively.
- Direct Client coverage responsibilities, in partnership with Relationship Managers.
- Responsible for actively engaging such clients, with a specific focus on actively providing advice on capital markets related investments (not limited to Equity Cash, Bonds and Derivatives). To be successful in the role, the Advisor is expected to be able to effectively communicate relevant market information and actionable investment ideas to such clients under coverage, taking care to ensure specific circumstances for every client ("know-your-client").
- Premium Advisor functions in close collaboration/partnership with the broader Advisory teams in ensuring the best ideas (in line with the Bank's research view) and thought-leadership are distributed to end-clients.
- Part of the responsibilities include execution of client trades, and relevant follow-ups, as well as risk management on clients' positions, with the aim to optimize Client's portfolio performance.
- Premium Advisor has to ensure compliance on the rules of engagement, and also best execution policy, acting in the best interest of clients.
- Also, as part of the long-term growth of the business, Premium Advisor is expected to maintain excellent working relationships with Front Office sales teams to actively cultivate a pipeline of potential clients. This may involve participation in client meetings and also periodic sales meetings from time to time to market the premium service and capital markets' product offering.
- An effective Advisor is expected to be commercial with a keen focus on growing the business while making sure that clients servicing needs and portfolio performance are always prioritized.
- Undertake ad hoc assignments or special business projects as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in any discipline.
- CFA qualification or equivalent an added plus
- Candidate should possess at least 10 years of relevant sales experience in sell-side or buy-side institution.
- Candidate must demonstrate previous experience in managing active client engagement in an Advisory role (not just Execution, which is more of a passive role).
- Detailed knowledge of analysis and markets, with strong technical capabilities and knowledge in investments products including derivatives.
- Knowledge and understanding of banking & regulatory guidelines.
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills required.