Global FX and Local Markets (FXLM) is a dynamic and high-performing division of Citi's Markets business. The Tech group within FXLM is a Sales-Product Management-Product Development division headquartered in London, and its development & support teams are located in Chennai. This team manages mission-critical applications that drive deal booking, risk management, eCommerce and analytical applications across multiple asset classes - Foreign Exchange (FX), Money Markets (MM), Fixed Incomes (FI) and Derivatives. The team also provides production support for the various applications and the infrastructure that they run on. The unit in Chennai is led by the Business Head who reports to the Head of FXLM in London. The Heads of Development, Production Support, Infrastructure, Administration and Business Management report to the Business Head.
We work on business critical high availability application solutions for the FXLM business that are deployed across 80+ countries and power our global FX & Local Markets business. Our applications are considered amongst the best-in-class within the industry, with our eCommerce and analytical products continuing to win industry awards year after year.
As part of an expansion, the team is looking to hire top-performing technologists with proven track record at Team Lead level, reporting to the Development Project Manager. Key Responsibilities:
- Take ownership for delivering/maintaining front/back-office applications
- Plan and coordinate end-to-end project within tight timelines and meeting the business expectation.
- Own the entire lifecycle of the development project
- Plan the project & Prepare the required documentations
- Coordinate with business analysts & user communities to define requirements
- Oversee technical design : Define the product scope, product functionality, look, feel and performance, deliver what the clients need while adhering to overall product architecture & organisation standards
- Guide the developers and the team in ensuring quality deliverables.
- Coordinate functionality & performance testing and provide continuously improved product experience
- Actively assist Business Analysts and Support team in rolling out the product to our global user community
- Manage the interfaces with various external groups - e.g. upstream & downstream applications, data centre & related services and various process/control functions.
- Play a hands-on role during all phases of the lifecycle including plan, code reviews, testing and support
- Motivate, mentor and lead technical teams, evaluate their delivery, guide the members to deliver quality output with responsible delegation and build a high performance team
- Together with the partner teams, user community, business analysts and Tech management contribute to innovative & best-in-class solutions for our business
This position gives an excellent opportunity for the selected candidate to play a significant role in an exciting and critical business within Citi. As a member of our highly acclaimed Technology team, this role provides the opportunity to participate in and shape the expansion and pre-eminence of our Business working together with our team of highly skilled technologists. The opportunity to work in back-office application space spanning multiple asset classes in a high-velocity & high availability environment is, of itself, an exciting proposition. We believe it is even more special to do this as part of Citi, a premier financial institution that is one of the biggest and best in the market, and as a part of our team that has a high visibility for our work both inside our larger organisation as well as in the global Capital Markets world. The position will enable you to leverage Citi's incomparable geographical reach, product richness, and engineering expertise and to translate these into a successful and top-of-the-class product offering for our customers. Knowledge/Experience:
- 12+ years hands on experience
- Strong Knowledge in one of the project management methodologies
- Experience in designing and implementing Multi-tier applications
- Excellent analytic & problem solving skills
- Excellent knowledge in troubleshooting, performance tuning and best practices
- Experience in Messaging, failover designing and recovery planning
- Experience in delivering high quality applications
- Experience in project risk identification techniques, mitigation and escalation
- Familiar with all phases of the systems lifecycle, from analysis, design and development through to support
- Experience in developing performance sensitive multi-tier Java/JEE applications
Knowledge of the FX/MM/FI market and products is very desirable Skills:
- Strong interpersonal and articulation skills (spoken and written)
- Excellent persuasive, influencing and negotiation skills
- Outstanding analytic and problem solving skills; innovative and solutions oriented
- Excellent knowledge in Java (JDK 1.7 or more) Excellent knowledge experience with JMS, JEE, Jsp, Servlets, Struts 2.0 and SQL/PLSQL Basics
- Java performance tuning, Threads, Collections
- Knowledge of any application server
- Any Project Management Tool
- Messaging middlewares
- Spring, SWING
- Weblogic server/App server administration
Flexcube, Flex PP etc. Qualifications:
- Graduation/Post Graduation qualifications in Computer Engineering (preferable) or any Engineering stream with a very good academic record throughout.
- A high degree of Analytical ability and Quantitative skills is desirable
Job Family Group:
- Innovative and Positive 'Can Do' attitude
- Ability to make effective judgements on available data / knowledge
- Planning and Organising - Ability to identify the steps to be taken to achieve objectives
- Resilience - Used to working towards tight deadlines, under pressure and using appropriate coping methods to stay focused
- Accountability -self start on goals and achieve targets
- Strong team orientation and commitment to overall team success; willing to go above and beyond to ensure team success; intense customer focus and commitment to driving quality
Technology Job Family:
Applications Development Time Type:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the " EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting