Technical Delivery Manager, Group Consumer Banking and Big Data Analytics Technology, Technology and Operations
Group Technology and Operations (T&O) enables and empowers the bank with an efficient, nimble and resilient infrastructure through a strategic focus on productivity, quality & control, technology, people capability and innovation. In Group T&O, we manage the majority of the Bank's operational processes and inspire to delight our business partners through our multiple banking delivery channels.
The role is responsible for supporting credit card (issuing and acquiring) as well as unsecured loans by providing technical expertise and business consulting covering new business initiatives and enhancements. This position also needs to manage and support the implementation of the new business initiatives and enhancements.
This position acts as the liaison among internal stakeholders / external vendors to analyse, document, communicate and validate business and system requirements
for platform applications. In addition, the job will entail working with internal applications and integrating them with the Consumer Finance Platform. Responsibilities
- Take on the role of a Delivery Manager / Technical PM.
- Work with product owners to define the user stories.
- Provide technical and subject matter expertise for unsecured lending applications in areas of: systems impact analysis, functional design and review SOWs in response to user stories/requirements.
- Work with internal stakeholders and vendors to conceptualize solutions and provide end-to-end delivery for projects and system enhancements.
- Elicit requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, task and workflow analysis.
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts and decompose high-level information into details.
- Serve as the conduit between the customer community (internal and external) and the software development team through which requirements flow.
- Collaborate with developers and subject matter experts to establish the technical vision and analyze tradeoffs between usability and performance needs.
- Work directly with and serve as the liaison between business units, technology teams and support teams.
- Assist in quality assurance and defining testing strategy and risks. Provide significant contributions in the testing and debugging of new software or enhancements to existing software.
- Ensure project/enhancement business requirement issues are identified, tracked, reported on and resolved in a timely manner.
- Work with business unit personnel to identify required changes and communicate information to development team.
- Assist in the enforcement of project deadlines and schedules.
- Review and edit requirements, specifications, business processes and recommendations related to proposed solution.
- Develop functional specifications and document changes to the design of the Consumer Finance platform.
- Proven experience at a senior level in a delivery manager or Scum Master (4 to 5 years).
- Prior experience on applications analysis, design and development, preferably on Unsecured Leading applications such as credit card acquiring and issuing. Knowledge of cards application like VisionPlus, Cardlink and IST is a plus.
- Business domain knowledge in payment products and industry will be an added advantage.
- Project management experience. Ability to work in an AGILE environment is an added advantage.
- Able to manage and work with internal stakeholders, and vendors.
- Must have a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements.
- Ability to apply general organizational knowledge of the business and systems processes in problem analysis is required.
- Ability to lead and negotiate business solutions that balance technical capability, cost, and time, against business need is required.
- Must exhibit confidence and an extensive knowledge of emerging industry practices when solving business problems.
- Ability to successfully engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously is required.
- Must possess strong leadership skills and generate enthusiasm among stakeholders.
- Ability to work independently with users to define concepts, under direction of project managers is required.
- Must possess strong analytical, organizational and product management skills.
- Ability to communicate difficult sensitive information tactfully is required. Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers, vendors and subject matter experts is required.
- Possess an understanding of Internet, Intranet, Extranet and client/server architectures.
- Must have an understanding of how legacy and web-based systems interface with each other.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.