Technology Lead (6 months contract), SC Ventures About The New Venture
We're a small but growing venture, with ambitions to help businesses of all sizes to get ESG right, in order to make the world a greener place.
We're looking for a Technology Lead for our venture
. As the Tech Lead, you'll be accountable for the technical build and design of the greenfield platform.
The role is a full-time position. While the venture is being incorporated as a legal entity, you will be onboarded and pay rolled through an outsourced agency partner affiliated with SC Ventures. After incorporation, we expect to make this role a permanent position directly within the venture. Responsibilities:
The Technology Lead has overall responsibility for all technical decisions for solution delivery, data strategy and operational accountability for the new venture. As the Tech Lead, you will manage the Engineering, Full-stack, Front-End and Platform Development Teams, working as part of a broader group of small, interdisciplinary teams, internally and externally, to build products and services that our customers love. The Tech Lead is expected to establish unified strategy, governance, support and escalation models. The ultimate success is critically dependent on Tech Lead's ability to manage business and technology stakeholders, make pragmatic decisions, capitalize on growing data sets, while influencing decision makers to build trust and secure long-term buy-in. Stakeholder Management
• Effectively engage the new venture and SCV stakeholder's functions
• Strong communication skills, ability to tailor ideas to required audience and stakeholders
• Possess a driven, can-do attitude and proactive in supporting stakeholder engagement
• Comfortable in working with multiple stakeholders' teams and functions
• Build strong and effective relationships with the various technology and business counterparts
• Some experience in co-ordination of multiple dependencies and stakeholders in complex, large scale deployment environments People and Talent
• Lead hiring of permanent headcounts in engineering and evaluation of selected vendors
· Nurture & build a strong local talent pipeline for future bench strength ensuring continuity
· Be the voice of the team when participating in projects / transformation agendas
· Lead through example and build the appropriate culture and values
· Set appropriate tone and expectations for the new venture and work in collaboration with risk and control partners Risk Management
• Identify risks and opportunities for all planned and inflight projects
• Manage escalations from vendors and communicate directly with stakeholders Governance
· Act and escalate quickly when any risk and control weakness become apparent and ensure they are addressed within an appropriate timeframe and escalated through the relevant committees
· Work with multiple stakeholders to establish applicable risk / control framework to ensure that the Group's ability to remain within risk appetite is not materially threatened
· Familiarise self with governance structures and mandatory bank processes
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Act to minimize operational loss and audit failures and take proactive measures to respond to matters arising and identify and manage forward looking risks.
- Reinforce an effective and exemplary risk and control culture and further strengthen the control environment.
· Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's as well as the new venture's Values and Code of Conduct
· Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across SCB
· Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters Key Stakeholders
· Venture Lead / CEO
· team members
· The new venture's board and SCV board
· SCV & Group Technology, ICS and Risk SMEs Our Ideal Candidate:
· 1 0+ years of experience of building large-scale digital services within a high growth rapidly changing environment, with 5+ years in developing solution architecture and leading engineering teams for digital product development and complex (partner) system integration projects
· A degree in a technical discipline (information systems, computer science, electrical engineering etc.)
· Proven track record in delivering solutions into production, and validating product market fit
· Demonstrated ability to manage internal and partner stakeholders
· Ability to identify opportunities and challenges in the marketplace, with constant evaluation of technological advancements and innovation to mitigate impediments and drive success
· Prior hands-on experience in one or more object-oriented programming languages
· Experience with building service-based architecture including use of micro services architecture
· Good understanding of application security and regulatory compliance
· Strong knowledge of D ev Ops and cloud infrastructure services Good to have (Optional):
· Experience with start-ups or have been part of a founding team
· Any project experience on ESG/operations in financial services/ regulated environment is a plus
If you're ready to take on your next challenge, apply now. About SC Ventures
SC Ventures ("SCV") was established in 2018 with the purpose of "Rewiring the DNA in Banking" by bringing three distinct areas together:
· The eXellerator Lab, enabling innovation at large in Standard Chartered (the "Bank") by supporting intrapreneurs and their ideas, collaborating with fintech's through the SCV Fintech Bridge and engaging with clients and co-creation ideas.
· The Investment Fund ("Fund"), tasked to acquire minority stakes in fintech companies ("fintech's") whose technology has been successfully validated in the Group.
· Venture building, with the objective of exploring new business models ("ventures"), in the way it engages existing new customers and markets
There are c.100 team members (excluding individual ventures), including dedicated colleagues from the Bank's support functions, based in Singapore, Hong Kong, Shanghai, Nairobi, London, and San Francisco.