Test Automation Engineer, Associate
As a member of our Software Engineering Group, we look first and foremost for people who are passionate around solving business problems through innovation and engineering practices. You'll be required to apply your depth of knowledge and expertise to all aspects of the software development lifecycle, as well as partner continuously with your many stakeholders on a daily basis to stay focused on common goals. We embrace a culture of experimentation and constantly strive for improvement and learning. You'll work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking environment-one that encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions that are in the best interests of our customers globally.
Digital Post Trade (DPPT)Team Test Engineer, reports into Test Manager in DPTT Development team. The candidate will be responsible for creating automation test scripts for OpsDesktop application, which is a Trade Lifecycle break resolution system with 15K user base located across the globe.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- At least 6 years' experience in software quality assurance and test automation scripting.
- BS/BA degree or equivalent experience.
- Test automation experience using tools such as JUnit, Selenium, Cucumber, etc.
- Hands on experience in performance testing tools like Jmeter, Loadrunner.etc.
- Exposure to functional and non-functional testing, manual and automation testing is a must.
- Experience testing with heterogeneous front-to-back environments, e.g., UIs, server-side processes, RESTful services, messaging middleware.
- Development experience in Java, PL-SQL, Linux/Unix.
- Configuration and testing experience with databases and large, complex datasets, e.g., Oracle.
- Advanced knowledge of configuration management/SCM, JIRA, Oracle and SQL, Linux/Unix.
- Excellent listening, presentation, and interpersonal skills as well as written and oral communication skills.
- Design and develop test automation framework and define test strategy across application covering end to end product flow
- Develop Automated Functional test cases in Java to be run after each build (Continuous Integration).
- Enhance our testing capability and coverage for existing critical platforms leveraging best practices for test planning, data management, and automation.
- Collapse time to market through automation, dynamic test environments, and user coordination.
- Experience in monitoring tools like Splunk, Dynatrace etc is a plus
- Knowledge of cloud technologies is a plus
- Knowledge of industry-wide technology trends and best practices
- Understanding of software skills such as business analysis, development, maintenance, and software improvement