Test Manager - Digital Channels / Order Execution (Director)
At Bank of Singapore, we are constantly on the lookout for exceptional individuals to join our team. We promote a culture of openness, teamwork and fairness. Most importantly, we invest in our people through our programmes that develop them on both professional and personal levels. Besides attractive remuneration packages, we offer non-financial benefits and opportunities to develop your potential within OCBC Group’s global network of subsidiaries and offices. If you have passion, drive and the will to succeed, rise to the challenge today!
Bank of Singapore opens doors to new opportunities.
Start your career with Bank of Singapore as a Test Manager
in the Test Management Office for the domain of Digital Channels & Order Execution.
The Test Manager shall be reporting to TMO Head or TMO Cluster Lead. He/ she is responsible for managing the day-to-day activities of testing team comprised of test analyst(s).
He/she is expected to lead a team of QA personnel with a goal to deliver high-quality test results in an assured manner. The role involves creating and implementing testing strategy, producing overall test plans, providing necessary guidance with test case design and development, driving execution of manual and automated testing, maintaining close oversight of all projects within the said competency, problem solving where needed and providing mentorship to team members.
The role exercises independent judgment to clarify tasks, set clear project milestones, deliverables, and provides leadership to the team. This role will work directly with project Manager, Business Analyst, Development team, Product Owners, Vendor teams & Application Support team and will interact directly with end users during UAT phase. Responsibilities
- Working closely with Project manager, Tech Lead, Business Analyst, Business manager and testing team
- Review project scope and project timelines with the Solution Lead/ project manager, provide testing estimates and to plan the effort of test resources
- Ensuring the appropriate capacity planning and utilization of the test resources
- Track and report deviation on entry and exit criteria of each testing phase based on TMO governance.
- Ensure that all support and testing documentation meet agreed quality
- Advocating the appropriate level of quality by the resolution of important Defects
- Test Reporting with periodic testing metrics to project stakeholders.
- Defect Management, clarifications from technical/business solution team on SIT & UAT defects.
- Partner with Business leads as appropriate and provide inputs as they prepare UAT Test scope and Plan
- Coordinate test environment needs for their projects including user access, sanity checklist and data cut needs.
- From a delivery perspective, the role entails oversight of all projects within the said Testing Domain and covering the following activities:
- Define Overall Test plan, Test Strategy and create test artifacts for the project in line with TMO guidelines
- Ensure completeness and correctness of test scenarios, test cases and test scripts by verifying the artifacts (Review)
- Identify the SIT test scope including test data requirements , test environment requirements and stakeholders required for supporting the testing activities.
- Plan, produce and coordinate for signoff of the SIT Test Plan with strategy and approach . Identify cross project/stream dependencies and ensure optimization of test plan.
- Work with automation test lead to define the automation scope and targets
- Prepare the daily execution plan for the SIT. Monitor test progress and ensure testing is executed as per the Test Plan.
- Ensure all applicable testing like Performance Testing, Regression Testing. Operational Readiness testing, etc. are planned and executed
- At least 12+ years of hands on experience in Testing and Minimum 5+ years of experience leading and managing Testing team or testing functions across multiple projects, off-shore and in-house.
- Have strong technical skills, both functional and non-functional, manual and automation testing in banking and financial technology background (Wealth Management, Investment Management, Asset Management, Private Banking preferred)
- Ability to define, build, implement and direct quality assurance principles and maintain the quality of delivery
- Excellent understanding of project management principles and familiarity in different development & testing methodologies.
- Experience with Test Automation, Automation tools and frameworks keeping up the new trends.
- Able to build and manage a motivated team, undertake capacity planning (that includes both internal and externally sourced testers), recognize and promote talent and bring out the best out of each individual.
- Problem solving and ability to stretch
- Be an advocate of Quality Assurance, Continuous Improvement and industry recognized Best Practices.
- Managing and negotiating vendor contracts. Proficient in all areas of vendor management including the application of basic financial and accounting practices