An established Regional Banking Brand Name is looking to further establish their presence in Singapore is looking to for an experienced trade operations officer. You will be given a great opportunity to provide full transactional and operational support for trade operations and reviewing of processes to ensure sufficient work flow. In return you will enjoy a remuneration of up to $100,000 per annum.
- Be responsible for end-to-end processing of trade finance transactions (Import and Export) and Standby LC/bank guarantees.
- Responsible to handle L/C Issuance, Inward and Outward Collection, Collection Bill purchased, Trans-fer LC, Export LC Advising, LC Negotiation, LC confirmation, Export LC bills discounting, Bank reimbursement and etc.
- Review and check workability of LC for confirmation to ensure that terms and conditions are acceptable and workable.
- Review text/formats for bank guarantees to ensure that terms and conditions are acceptable.
- Handle all settlements/preparation of all payments, disbursements of proceeds (MT103/MT202) independently.
- Perform compliance and other checks on trade transactions in line with Anti-Money Laundering Guidelines, Terrorist Financing and Sanctions Regulations and other internal policies.
- Liaise and collaborate closely with internal stakeholders to ensure smooth facilitation of transactions.
- Perform system upgrades UAT and participate in systems related activities.
- Degree/Diploma with major in Business, Banking/Finance or Law or Certificate for Documentary Credit Specialists.
- Minimum 8 years of relevant hands-on experience in Trade Finance operations within the banking industry especially in checking and processing documentary trade transactions.
- Knowledge of UCP rules, ISP 98, ISBP 745, URDG, URC, URR rules and Incoterms rules. Candidate with CDCS qualification will have an added advantage.
- Able to perform document checking and vet Banker’s Guarantee.
- Candidates with good knowledge of controls pertaining to AML/CFT and other regulatory requirements.
- Positive attitude, good interpersonal skills, good team player.
- Has enthusiasm to learn new skills and a desire/passion to pursue career progression in trade finance operations.
- Analytical, meticulous, willingness to handle regional trade finance processing and able to perform under pressure.
Kindly indicate your current/last salary details and also your notice period
Office Location: Central
Interested candidates kindly forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org (Adora Lee, Reg No: R1879177)
All information will be kept strictly confidential. We regret to inform that only successful applicants will be contacted