Trade Operations Associate
Description About this role
BlackRock's business is investing on behalf of our clients, from large institutions to parents and grandparents, doctors and teachers who entrust their savings to us. We are committed to our clients-period. Our promise is to offer them the clearest thinking about what to do with their money and the products and services they need to secure a better financial future.
That's why investors of all kinds have made us the world's largest asset manager, entrusting us with trillions of dollars, and its why companies, institutions and global governments come to us for help meeting their biggest financial challenges.
Are you an investment operations professional searching for a rewarding opportunity to join a world class asset manager? If you pride yourself on building positive relationships and being part of a hardworking team with elevated performance, look no further! BlackRock is pursuing an Associate within Transaction Management to join our high performing team. You will benefit from our team who recognizes that strength comes from diversity, and will embrace your skills, enthusiasm, and passion!
Our Global Transaction Management team has primary operating centers in Edinburgh (UK), Delaware (US), Gurgaon (India) and Singapore. The team is responsible for the post execution process across various products including Equities, Fixed Income, FX, Derivatives and Money Markets. As an integral part of the broader Global Investment Operations group, Transaction Management works closely with partners in Securities Lending, Corporate Actions and Cash & Asset Reconciliations. Our vision is to become a data driven, volume agnostic, commercially agile middle office platform.
As an Associate you will provide high quality Trade Operations support in accordance with our standard operating procedures to reduce risk to our clients and the firm. This is a multi-functional role where we handle confirmation and settlement support across a range of products and markets, working closely with the Trading Desk, Portfolio Managers and other key partners. You will serve as a liaison with BlackRock's Global Custodian and Broker network and work on BlackRock's proprietary operating platform, Aladdin.
- Confirmation of Derivatives & FX Trades
- Affirmation of Derivative trades in 3rd party system such as MarkitWire.
- Work with Brokers/Clearers to identify all unconfirmed trades and work towards resolution of trade disputes.
- Confirmation and Settlement of Money Market, Equities and Fixed income trades.
- Work with Custodians and Brokers to facilitate settlement pre-matching and follow-up on fails.
- - Work with SWIFT Messaging - MT54x, MT54y, MT900s, MT300 across products.
- Call out material risk items and service issues to the Team Leader/Manager on a timely basis.
- External provider management including dealing with Brokers, Custodians and Vendors.
- Internal client management including dealing with Trading Desks, Portfolio Managers, Ops Risk, other Bus Ops functions.
- Participate in local, regional and global initiatives/projects.
For success, you will possess the following skills:
- Bachelor's degree in related field (preferred but not required).
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in a Trade Operations or an Investment Operations / Global Custody role.
- Understanding of financial markets and related instruments such as Equities, Fixed Income, FX Derivatives, Exchange Traded Futures, Swaps and Collateral.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong client and partner service orientation.
- Strong control / risk mitigation attitude; ability to apply judgement as to when to raise issues.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) to work directly with clients and across all levels of staff and management.
- Ability to work effectively in a dynamic environment.
- Focus on continuous improvement and process innovation.
- Data Analytics skillsets preferred; coding knowledge (VBA,SQL, PYTHON, RPA) will be a plus.
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.