Trade Sales and Client Management Head, APAC
The role will involve the following:
- Meeting targeted trade wins and revenue growth for APAC region.
- Working with trade partners across the globe to expand and grow cross-regional Trade for Asian clients.
- Managing and building the Specialized Solution Sales team to expand trade specific origination across the region.
- Building out of Trade Client Management in APAC to drive further to drive connectivity and client engagement
- Implement and lead execution of sales campaign by country/product to improve market share and client penetration
- Partnering with the TTS Sales team in the region to grow and expand the Trade wallet.
- Leading client advocacy for the Trade business in Asia with Risk and the Trade product teams
- Working closely with the Country TTS Heads and Country Trade teams to enhance their understanding of Trade products across the TTS Sales teams and leverage their network for greater origination.
- Partnering with Banking teams in the region and across countries to leverage on the Bankers' portfolio and support them in identifying trade opportunities across their clients.
- Developing good working relationships with ICG client coverage seniors, industry specialists and risk seniors in the region.
- Coaching and mentoring the specialized trade sales team to up-tier their sales, structuring and credit skills.
- Providing support and direction into "winning" the most complex and profitable transactions.
- Fostering a strong "one team" mentality across various Trade product & sales teams seeking to maximize collaboration, cross-sell & build team spirit in APAC across a broad and culturally diverse team.
- Building a strong partnership with the Trade Implementation and Operations teams and constantly seeking ways to improve Trade efficiency, turnaround times and ensuring we minimize operational losses/errors.
- Building strong partnership with the trade risk distribution to help Trade effectively manage its balance sheet, individual credit exposures and increase skim revenues.
- Contributing to global Trade being No.1 in League Tables and improving Trade APAC's results in league tables and general market presence.
- Build and develop the reputation of Citi Trade externally through thought leadership, client events both internal and external, and media recognition. Work in close partnership with control functions such as Legal, Compliance, Market and Credit Risk, Audit, Finance in order to ensure appropriate governance and control infrastructure
- Build a culture of responsible finance, good governance and supervision, expense discipline and ethics
- Part of a high performing Asia Trade management team responsible for delivering against aggressive growth targets.
- Experience gained from managing a broad and complex set of Trade products.
- Experience gained from managing a large and geographically/culturally diversified team.
- Managing a large P&L business.
- Broad regional business exposure.
Extensive Trade experience. Proven track-record of team, people and business management skills. Strong credit skills and experience, including broad knowledge of Citigroup credit processes. Broad client management experience. Skills:
Excellent communication and written skills. Superior organizational skills (including self-organizational skills). Superior strategic and analytical skills. Superior client management & deal negotiation skills. Ability to interact at all levels of senior management. Competencies:
- Exceptional process management ability.
- Good people leadership skills. Able to motivate/influence.
- Superior interpretive and problem solving skills.
- Excellent team working and outstanding interpersonal skills.
- Ability to operate in a complex matrix environment.
- Valuing Diversity:
Demonstrates an appreciation of a diverse workforce.
Appreciates differences in style or perspective and uses differences to add value to decisions or actions and organizational success.
- Partnership, horizontal collaboration
Degree or equivalent preferred.
Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role, provided they have the necessary skills and experience. Job Family Group:
Product Management and Development Job Family:
Product Performance Management Time Type:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the " EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting