Here’s what the job entails
In the role, your primary responsibilities will be to develop analytical trading tools, market insights and price forecasting to support our Japan power trading team.
You will work closely with the lead trader and bring new ideas to help improve trading decisions and grow the desk.
Concretely, your areas of responsibility will include the following:
- support the Japan power trading team in developing, executing and managing trading strategies
- maintain and develop price forecasting models and proactively share and identify trading opportunities in close collaboration with the lead trader
- proactively develop trading tools to improve trading decisions and execution and participate in discussions on how to optimise trading performance
- build, maintain and lead our analytical platform for Japan power trading
Meet the team
You will join our dedicated APAC power trading team located in Singapore and be part of a global energy trading company, backed by international energy major Equinor.
In the team, we trade APAC power markets and you will join the Japan Power Trading team, which trades power derivatives via the power exchange. Our primary area of responsibility is to develop the APAC power trading desk as part of our corporate strategy on global expansion.
But enough about us… over to you!
As you will be working as an analyst, we imagine that you are truly motivated by crunching numbers, and you thrive on working in a dynamic and ever-changing environment. We are also looking for someone who:
- holds a relevant degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Finance, Mathematics or other quantitative disciplines
- has extensive programming experience (Python, R, SQL or similar) with strong mathematical, finance, or statistical expertiseis eligible to work in Singapore and fluent in English and preferably also Japanese
- is curious about development and dynamics in energy markets
In addition, we imagine that you:
- take a holistic approach to your job; you have an eye for the market risk but also find it natural to evaluate other factors in your analyses
- take a positive view: no job too big, no job too small – the team covers a wide range of tasks and we always help each other in getting the job done
- employ an analytical and structured approach to your job, with deadlines connected to all your daily tasks
- have an entrepreneurial mindset that enjoys responsibility and taking an active part in building and growing a newly established Japan power trading desk
We’ll take good care of you
At Danske Commodities, we take great care of our people. Joining us means you’ll get a lot of great perks – including social events, cultural experiences, tasty food and benefits to better your health, your life and your future.
Here are some of the benefits we offer our employees:
- Flexible working hours; including the option to work from home up to two days per week
- Vast development opportunities with the help of your own individual development plan, access to our DC University with 50+ courses as well as remote courses through Harvard Learning
- Global career prospects as part of the Equinor group with +20,000 colleagues across the world
- Bonus scheme
- Share savings meaning you have the opportunity to participate in our parent company Equinor’s attractive share savings programme
- Paid at home internet and equipmentincluding a mobile phone with paid subscription and IT equipment for when working from home
- An office in the heart of Singapore
- …. and much more