Time Type: Full time
Worker Type: Employee
Responsible for underwriting activities and P&L responsibility for SME & Retail segment, to be managed on a portfolio level including digital products underwriting and manual underwriting of yet to-be digital products. And manual underwriting of yet-to-be digital products for new business and/or renewals including manual renewal reviews, raters preparation, quotation generation and UWB submission. Building relationship between underwriter and intermediaries in underwriting service delivery, product development and innovation. Primary Responsibilities
- Responsible for underwriting activities and P&L responsibility for SME & Retail segment, to be managed on a portfolio level. Including digital products underwriting and manual underwriting of yet to-be digital products
- Responsible for manual underwriting of yet-to-be digital products for new business and/or renewals including manual renewal reviews, raters preparation, quotation generation and UWB submission.
- Responsible for underwriter relationship with intermediaries in underwriting service delivery, product development and innovation
- Evaluate risk for new business & renewals in accordance with standards, to ensure profitable growth
- Actively keep abreast of market dynamics and demonstrate market cycle awareness to be able to operate effectively and appropriately
- Perform underwriting activities in accordance with all legal and regulatory requirements to ensure obligations are met
- Adhere to underwriting standards, instructions and good practice to minimize risks and maximize efficiency
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with all customers, intermediaries and internal stakeholders
- Build strong knowledge of current legislation, best practice, underwriting acceptance levels, systems and organizational guidelines
- Contribute to the development and implementation of channel strategic plans
Preferred Education Specifics
- Ability to deliver on agreed business targets
- Influencing and negotiation skills
- Relevant qualifications in financial services
- 7+ years experience in an insurance sales role
QBE Cultural DNA
- Broad insurance industry knowledge and experience
- Corporate Distribution Product range knowledge
• Everything we do at QBE is underpinned by our DNA (which interlinks seven cultural elements) - because we know it's not just what we do that matters, it's how we do it that makes the difference. We expect all employees to role model and inspire the right behaviours that link to our cultural elements:-We are customer-focused-We are technical experts-We are inclusive-We are fast-paced-We are courageous-We are accountable-We are a teamAll employees are expected to adhere to QBE's Code of Ethics and Conduct and apply sound risk management practices US Only - Disclaimer
• To successfully perform this job, the individual must be able to perform each essential job responsibility satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable an individual with disabilities to perform the essential job responsibilities. Global Disclaimer
• The duties listed in this job description do not limit the assignment of work. They are not to be construed as a complete list of the duties normally to be performed in the position or those occasionally assigned outside an employee's normal duties. Our Group Code of Ethics and Conduct addresses the responsibilities we all have at QBE to our company, to each other and to our customers, suppliers, communities and governments. It provides clear guidance to help us to make good judgement calls.
How to Apply:
To submit your application, click "Apply" and follow the step by step process.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
QBE is an equal opportunity employer and is required to comply with equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction it operates.