As a Barclays Business Oversight Compliance VP, you will help assist the bank in all local regulatory matters. The local Compliance team supports the Bank to comply with policies, procedures and relevant laws, rules and regulations issued by Monetary Authority of Singapore and others. This is an excellent opportunity to help the Compliance team to manage relations with the various departments and to act as point of contact on key initiatives and compliance advisory in these coverage areas.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity - helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive, and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
This opportunity is open to flexible working arrangements. Such as working from home, flexible or compressed hours, and part-time options. If you have a need for flexibility, please apply and discuss this with us during the hiring process. What will you be doing?
What we're looking for:
- Providing advisory assistance on cross-border marketing guidelines and local licensing requirements to businesses in the bank
- Providing regulatory compliance advice and training (as required) to businesses and support functions assigned. This includes topics like outsourcing, trade reporting etc.
- Keeping abreast of new and changes to Singapore regulations (e.g. Banking Act, Securities and Futures Act and Financial Advisers' Act)
- Driving the implementation of new regulatory requirements
- Actively maintaining the library of regulations and its relevance to the relevant functions
- Supporting the team as liaison with regulators on regulatory compliance matters
- Actively reviewing / checking and challenging regulatory compliance policies and procedures of the bank
- Supporting division in preparation of senior management and CRAFT reporting
Skills that will help you in the role:
- Five+ years of relevant working experience in compliance or related fields
- Excellent knowledge of Singapore regulatory rules and regulations
- Team player with excellent communication and relationship building skills
- Prior experience in dealing with senior stakeholders, regulators and/or working at a regulatory body would be a plus
Where will you be working?
- Prior experience with project management will be desired
- Experience in assisting regulatory inspection or audits/reviews
Our office is located in Marina Bay Financial Centre, which has been carefully crafted into a "city in a garden". Overlooking the scenic skyline along the Marina Bay waterfront, the green spaces and rooftop terraces have been designed to optimise employee well-being. The centre provides an integrated live-work-play development, surrounded by shops, restaurants, gyms and an alfresco dining area. Our convenient office location means you're just a 5-minute walk from the nearest MRT station.