VP/AVP, Data Scientist, Business Analytics, Consumer Banking Group
As the leading bank in Asia, DBS Consumer Banking Group is in a unique position to help our customers realise their dreams and ambitions. As a market leader in the consumer banking business, DBS has a full spectrum of products and services, including deposits, investments, insurance, mortgages, credit cards and personal loans, to help our customers realise their dreams and aspirations at every life stage. Our financial solutions are not only the best in the business - they were made just right for you. About this role
The Regional Data Science team is part of the Regional Business Analytics team for Consumer Banking Group. Our responsibilities include building the Data Science Solutions using advanced machine learning methods, recommendation engines, text mining solutions and customer models to increase the business impact and efficient customer management, as well as answer numerous business questions using statistical tools and data analysis. Responsibilities
- Involve in building cutting edge algorithms and working with state-of-art data science and machine learning tools such as Spark, Tensor Flow and will have mastery in any number of analytic platforms like SAS, SQL, Python, R. etc.
- Work with large scale datasets, distributed Big Data Platforms for a variety of advanced analytics solutions across the Bank ranging from recommendation engines, Propensity models, customer segmentation, Graph models, pricing and more.
- Work alongside BA Leadership, making regular presentation to senior management including C-level executives within the Consumer Bank Leadership across the region
- Help the team with methodology and guidance in the areas of experiment design and data analysis.
- Masters or equivalent degree in Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Operation Research, or equivalent quantitative fields preferred. Strong mathematical and statistics background.
- 6-10 years of experience in industry (ideally consumer banking, ecommerce, telecoms, retail) and/or academia with demonstrated track record of innovative research and insight generation and implementation of insights into tools/processes delivering front end business results
- At least 5 years of data mining and machine learning on large amount of data, building and implementing various statistical models.
- Good understanding of technology tools especially those related to analytics, data & statistical modelling.
- Programming experience in SAS (Base, Stats, Macro, EG, EM), R, Python, Spark, Tensorflow or other statistical programing software.
- Familiarity with Hadoop, Hive, and Pig. Proficient in using databases like Teradata, Oracle, SQL Server, Neo4J etc..
- Knowledge of internet marketing data collection and metrics as well as familiarity with digital analytics platforms like Google Adwords, Facebook Contextual marketing, Omniture/Adobe, Mediaplex, etc would be helpful.
- Ability to communicate complex analysis/models across a diverse team.
- Good written and oral communication skills
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.