VP/AVP, Product Support Business Analyst (FX & IR Derivatives), Global Markets
Posting Date: 06-Nov-2022
Company: United Overseas Bank Limited About UOB
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values - Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers. About the Department
The Global Market
function leverages our in-depth knowledge of markets to provide timely financial advice, products and solutions to our clients. Together with our segment managers, we manage our clients' investment, liability and risk management needs through a comprehensive suite of treasury products and services across multiple asset classes. Job Responsibilities
The candidate(s) will report into the Global Markets/Global Business Management/Product Support Department and will primarily be responsible for new system implementation, maintenance and daily Business-As-Usual support of Global Markets front office risk systems. His / Her responsibilities include:
- Working with front office traders to understand the business needs for trading, including derivatives payoff variations, product specifications, risk reports, trade-related reports etc
- Translating new front office requirements into proper Business Requirements Documents
- Working with Technology to participate in system design, user acceptance test, troubleshooting and ensuring that new front office system needs are being met in any implementation.
- Working with Operations, Risk and Finance divisions to create a seamless end-to-end process covering all aspects of the trade life cycle
- Regular communications with front office on implementation activities that requires their attention
- Investigate and deduce issues raised by FO relating to trading systems, product payoff variations, PnL distortion, risk variations, trade life cycle and work process
- Collaborate with vendor to resolve system issues, making sure all issues are addressed effectively and timely
- Provide training on the proper use of Global Markets Platforms
- Actively manage all user queries on functional, system or processes, and ensuring that all cases are logged, closed or worked upon appropriately on a daily basis.
- Process documentation
- Meeting tight deadlines and schedules
- Products under support includes Foreign Exchange, Money Market and Interest Rate derivatives
Be a part of UOB Family
- A degree in Business, Finance, Computational Finance or Computer Science and relevant discipline from reputable institutions
- A minimum of at least 4 years' work experience in front office support Role or middle office
- Knowledge of Treasury products, in particular FX, FX Derivatives, IR Derivatives and money market products
- Knowledge of Treasury applications, in particular Murex is a major advantage
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong presentation and meeting skills
- Good programming skills in languages such as Python, SQL+, Java, or any others is an advantage
- Good Design Thinking skills
- Highly resourceful, self-motivated and conscientious with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proactive and has initiative to thrive in a fast-paced environment to deliver and meet deadlines
- Good user relationship management
- End-user focused and empathy
UOB is an equal opportunity employer. UOB does not discriminate on the basis of a candidate's age, race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or other non-merit factors. All employment decisions at UOB are based on business needs, job requirements and qualifications. If you require any assistance or accommodations to be made for the recruitment process, please inform us when you submit your online application.
Apply now and make a difference.