VP/AVP, Senior Support Engineer (Consumer Finance Technology), Group Consumer Banking and Big Data Analytics Technology, Technology and Operations
Group Technology and Operations (T&O) enables and empowers the bank with an efficient, nimble and resilient infrastructure through a strategic focus on productivity, quality & control, technology, people capability and innovation. In Group T&O, we manage the majority of the Bank's operational processes and inspire to delight our business partners through our multiple banking delivery channels. Responsibilities
- As Senior Support Engineer within the Consumer Finance Platform, you will be responsible for the service delivery of the applications for the platform regionally.
- With your solid experience within application support, you will help develop process/practices/tools as well as manage teams to support the following technology related activities for the platform:
- Corrective maintenance to fix defects and manage high severity incidents
- Preventive maintenance to prevent problem re-occurrence
- Recurrence activities to keep mission critical applications running
- Manage high severity incidents with customer impact with focus of recovering services as soon as possible
- Manage incident trends with focus to close the loop on problems/incidents
- Drive root cause analysis to prevent recurrence of problem incidents
- Manage activities to ensure availability of applications meets SLAs
- Manage business volumes against IT resources allocated to ensure adequate capacity
- Manage patch management strategy
- Manage certificate and encryption key renewals
- Contribute to continuous improvement within the team
- The candidate should value simplicity and impact, work comfortably in a collaborative, agile environment, and have the ability and desire to learn.
- Assist in leading a team of support engineers and drive up service delivery capability within the teams regionally
- Improve systems and applications stability
- Improve mean time to recovery for incidents
- Meet critical application availability targets
- Identify and drive opportunities for service improvement
- Contribute to innovation in solving problems
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience in managing 24/7 production support team (L2/L3) preferably in Credit Card domain
- Minimum of 10 years technology experience, experience in one or more of the following: C, Java Script, Java and Python
- Very good analytical and problem solving skills with good understanding of technical risks emerging out of architecture decisions.
- Development skills with experience in real time, distributed and highly secured environments
- Incident management tasks related to root cause analysis, problem management and blameless post-mortem
- Ability to communicate complex incidents and deep underlying issues, performance analysis and fine tuning of real time and batch systems, coordinating with all support teams in both Application and Infrastructure areas
- Support the application of DBS enterprise DevSecOps pipeline for promoting software into higher environments through validation and gating
- Understand complex architectures and well versed with design patterns
- Ability to debug and optimize code and to automate routine tasks.
- Prior SRE experience is highly regarded.
- Passionate about solving operational problems and executing continuous service improvement plan, monitoring, process improvement and automation
- Highly motivated, pro-active and capable of working under pressure without compromising development processes and productivity.
- Experience in Major Change management process to make sure no critical incidents reported during weekend cutover activities
- Experience in managing Capacity Monitoring, Server Patching (Production environment)
- Experience in managing Bank wide DR, BCP coordination / scheduling
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.