VP/Assistant VP, Behavioural Science & Innovation, TMRW Digital Group
Posting Date: 04-Sep-2021
Location: Raffles Place, Singapore, SG
Company: United Overseas Bank Limited About UOB
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values - Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers. About the Department We are building and expanding the best digital bank in ASEAN.
Traditional retail banking is changing rapidly, and will change even more in the next 10 years. We fundamentally rethink the retail banking strategy, business model and proposition, to stay relevant and keep up with the challenges that lie ahead in this rapidly evolving landscape.
TMRW (pronounced as "tomorrow") empowers the digital generation with a full suite of banking solutions through a smart, mobile-only app. Our mission is to build and expand the best digital bank in ASEAN. Launched in Indonesia and Thailand as the first mobile only digital bank by United Overseas Bank (UOB) in ASEAN, TMRW offers innovative and simple solutions to help customers stay one step ahead of their finances. Our business model is powered by next-generation artificial intelligence, machine learning, data analytics, user interface design and smartphone capabilities. These include our own digital technology innovations as well as solutions provided through our collaboration with FinTech partners. We embrace a competitive strategy that focuses on customer intimacy, measured by net-promoter-score (NPS).
Since launch, TMRW has won many awards in total, including: Best Digital Bank in ASEAN, Best Digital Bank for Customer Experience and Best Bank for Millennials.
As we enter our next phase of growth, we are looking for entrepreniurial and open minded team players who are keen to learn, enjoy taking on multiple roles, and willing to step out of your comfort zone.
You will be the catalyst of change for UOB and be part of our exciting roadmap in the next chapter of growth. Get ready for an exciting career path in a start-up environment that is diverse and fast-paced, where you will have the opportunity to be engaged in transformative programs, and collaborate with business, and technology teams as well as regional and country stakeholders. We believe in empowering our people, giving them autonomy and ownership of what they do and their successes.
Join us to transform the future of banking and make banking simple, transparent and engaging! Job Responsibilities
- Take ownership in supporting the development of behavioural science and innovation
- To run experiments to uncover factors that impact human behaviour
- To proactively build a knowledge repository to advocate for a deeper appreciation of behavioural science throughout the bank
- Aid in the development of personality tests and assessments (programming assessments and tests)
- Demonstrates the ability to translate ideas and concepts into functional tools (time would be allocated for picking up required technical skills)
- Manage data collected from multiple sources
- Disseminate research knowledge and assessment findings across multiple stakeholders
- To coach teams on basic behavioural science principles and experiments (training provided)
Be a part of UOB Family
- Bachelor's degree from reputable university
- With at least 3 years working experience with a strong interest in psychology and human behaviour
- Highly conscientious individual who is able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Motivated self-starter who is able to organize, manage, and maintain data collected
- Good communication skills to build relationships across diverse teams
- Experience in programming (e.g., python) is an added advantage (keen learner who is comfortable picking up new skills)
- Previous experience at a start-up, consulting, or technology company preferred
UOB is an equal opportunity employer. UOB does not discriminate on the basis of a candidate's age, race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or other non-merit factors. All employment decisions at UOB are based on business needs, job requirements and qualifications. If you require any assistance or accommodations to be made for the recruitment process, please inform us when you submit your online application.
Apply now and make a difference.