VP/Assistant VP, Data Analytics, Group Wholesale Banking
Posting Date: 22-Jan-2023
Location: Singapore (City Area), Singapore, Singapore, 048624
Company: United Overseas Bank Ltd About UOB
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values - Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers. About the Department
The Wholesale Bank function operates a dynamic business model that provides financial services and solutions to help our clients achieve their strategic business objectives. Our mission is to become the premier-provider of banking services and solutions for Asia-based commercial banking companies (small medium enterprises), large corporations, financial institutions as well as multinational corporations. Our coverage teams work in full alignment with specialised teams across Transaction Banking, Investment Banking, Global Markets and Group Retail to deliver seamless solutions to our clients. Job Responsibilities
GWB Data Analytics aspires to bring data to deliver value to business, covering 4 key pillars (a) insights automation (b) up-sell/cross-sell (c) advanced analytics driven monetization (d) risk assurance and other strategic initiatives, to enable GWB business
- Lead large scale analytic projects in corporate space to drive for business impact
- Analyze macro and micro data (structured/less structured) to answer business questions via strategic analysis, machine learning/NLP models.
- Coordinate with various internal and external business stakeholders to ensure smooth data-to-insights conversion and the necessary of the insights implementation
Be a part of UOB Family
- At least 5-10 years' solid data analytics/science experience, deep technical expertise on ML/NLP/OR, with hands-on capability, Python/SAS/R, Hadoop/Spark
- Excellent problem solver, good understand of financial industry knowledge, consulting experience is a plus
- Strong sense of responsibility and teamwork
- Good communication and interpersonal skills to effectively interact with internal and external stakeholders of all levels
UOB is an equal opportunity employer. UOB does not discriminate on the basis of a candidate's age, race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or other non-merit factors. All employment decisions at UOB are based on business needs, job requirements and qualifications. If you require any assistance or accommodations to be made for the recruitment process, please inform us when you submit your online application.
Apply now and make a difference.