- Permanent, Full time
- RGF Executive , EA Licence No: 10C2978
- 21 Jan 19
Our client is an established fund administration firm with strong global footprint. They are currently seeking a dynamic individual to join their compliance team to manage AML compliance risk and oversight of AML controls of their fund clients.
- Handling fund clients/ entities
- Establish & maintain appropriate systems and controls (including documented policies and procedures) to ensure compliance with Cayman AML and CFT laws/ regulations.
- Provide AML/ CFT compliance oversight of funds activities (including the fund’s investment activity as well as investor related AML issues)
- Ensure regular audits/ testing of the AML/CFT program.
- Advise the fund’s board general partner of AML/CFT compliance issues that needs to be brought to its attention
- Report periodically to the board regarding the state of fund’s AML/CFT program & controls
- Maintain logs/records relating to specified scenarios such as subscription rejections; investor account freezes; and politically exposed persons and other higher risk investors
- Stay abreast of current legislation and developing regulatory landscape to advice of all issues relating to operational and compliance matters relevant to client funds.
- Ensure existence and awareness of procedures for reporting of suspicious activity to MLRO/DMLRO
- Provide training from time to time in the recognition and treatment of transactions carried out by, or on behalf of any person who is , or appears to be engaged in money laundering
- Receive internal suspicious activity reports and file with Financial Reporting Authority as needed
- Act as point of contact with CIMA
- Interpret and respond to request from regulatory authorities
- Collaborate with colleagues from cross-functional teams to review new business
- Any other duties associate with the aforementioned
- Bachelor in Accounting, Finance or any business related degree with at least 5 years of relevant experience in fund services/ asset management industry
- Possess excellent knowledge of AML controls in investment & fund services industries
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to work according to tight deadlines