VP, Business Risk Management, Private Bank
Posting Date: 04-Jun-2021
Location: Singapore, SG
Company: United Overseas Bank Limited About UOB
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values - Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers. About the Department
UOB Private Bank is dedicated to managing the wealth of high-net-worth individuals with investment assets of $5 million and above. Keeping in mind our clients' financial objectives, we provide tailored products and solutions that draw on the Group's comprehensive suite of personal, business and investment services. Job Responsibilities
As a member of Private Bank Business Risk & Regulatory Management (BRRM) team, you will play an important role in assisting the Head of Private Bank in exercising risk oversight over front-to-back activities through transparent risk reporting and structured risk assessment.
Specifically, this role will focus on operational risks and controls, covering risk control self-assessment; operational risk reporting; business continuity planning, incident management and quality assurance through thematic testing and review. You may have to drive risk and control initiatives across Private Bank to implement new regulatory requirements or controls enhancement.
- Provide sound and pragmatic risk advisory to business and support function for initiatives/activities and project.
- Perform quality assurance testing and thematic reviews.
- Perform independent front to back oversight for risk taking activities, including review and assessment of the completeness and effectiveness of support function's controls.
- Facilitate incident management from investigation and assembling of root causes to ensuring measures identified is effective and sustainable.
- Support the development and timely reporting of Key Operational Risk Indicators (KORI), Fair Dealing Scorecard and other metrics essential to monitor relevant risks across the PB platform.
- Oversight on outsourcing, non-outsourcing arrangements and new product activities within the Bank.
- Tracking of open action plans resulting from operational incidents, internal and external audits and ensuring resolution and/or implementation within the committed timeline.
- Co-ordinate and manage the Private Bank Risk Forum.
- Develop and plan for execution of Business Continuity Plan in conjunction with group BCM taskforce and industry-wide exercise.
Be a part of UOB Family
- 7+ years of experience in financial institution, preferably in risk/ assurance function
- Good knowledge of front to back process and internal controls within private bank set-up
- Ability to balance business needs and controls requirements
- Ability to work effectively with all levels within the organization
- Effective communication and analytical skills
- Knowledge of programming (SQL, Python, Excel VBA), database administrator experience is a plus.
UOB is an equal opportunity employer. UOB does not discriminate on the basis of a candidate's age, race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or other non-merit factors. All employment decisions at UOB are based on business needs, job requirements and qualifications. If you require any assistance or accommodations to be made for the recruitment process, please inform us when you submit your online application.
Apply now and make a difference.