VP, Capital Management, Corporate Treasury, Group Finance
Business Function Group Finance aims to deliver world-class standards in reporting, financial planning and finance processes. We provide insights and analyses that help the bank make sound business decisions - whether in the areas of product development or customer profitability. We also provide capital management, business planning, forecasting, and tax and accounting advisory services. Job Purpose This role is in the Capital Management team which supports the CFO and Corporate Treasurer in the development and execution of initiatives and strategies to manage DBS's capital as a strategic resource from both consolidated and entity perspectives. Capital management involves balancing capital demand from credit, market and operational risks across various businesses with capital supply comprising shareholders' funds and subordinated financial instruments raised from investors. This role focuses on deepening the partnership with business to step up capital efficiency and assisting in developing advanced capital enablers and returns analytics capability, to ensure efficient utilisation of capital. It also involves assisting with advising senior business leaders on optimal capital strategies. Additionally, this role may involve assisting with advising the Board and Senior Management on Group capital strategy and structure, the preparation of detailed group-level capital plans, analysing and communicating the impact of regulatory capital rules on business strategy, assessing potential corporate transactions as well as advising on Group. Responsibilities
- Delivering RWA optimisation under current rules and future Basel III reform
- Working with the Technology team to develop advanced analytics and tools covering pre-deal and post-deal to assist business in making capital efficient choices during deal prospective stage and identifying potential optimisation post deal.
- Assessing and implementing appropriate capital and returns management metrics to drive capital efficiency within and across businesses as well as working with businesses to ensure capital metrics are in-use and result in efficient utilisation of capital for both organic and inorganic initiatives
- Assisting with the annual Internal Capital Adequacy Assessment Process and ongoing capital planning to ensure the bank maintains a robust capital position. Includes modelling the bank's multi-year capital position under various scenarios and assessing the quantum and timing of capital issuance requirements
- Assisting with advising the Board, Capital Committee and Senior management on capital strategy, including the appropriate level of capitalisation, capital structure, dividends and capital issuance requirements
Apply Now We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements
- 5-8 years of relevant experience in the banking sector.
- Experience in business control / business treasury / RWA optimisation and / or bank corporate centre would be an advantage
- Minimum - University degree in Business, Accounting, Economics or Finance. Open to other disciplines (e.g. Engineering) if have relevant experience in banking industry.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Possess drive and desire to succeed
- Attention to detail is critical
- Strong analytical skills
- Team player
- Strong presentation skills
- Able to organize and lead complex processes
- Adaptable - comfortable in rapidly changing environments
- Solid understanding of Basel and MAS capital regulatory framework
- Strong analytical, modelling and presentation skills and IT skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Powerpoint, Excel, Word)
- Prior experience with Qilkview and Python would be looked upon favourably