Group Audit (GA) helps the Board and Executive Management meet the strategic and operational objectives of the DBS Group. GA-Credit Risk Review team conducts independent and routine reviews of business and credit risk management activities throughout DBS Institutional Banking Group (IBG) to provide timely and objective assessments to the Board and Executive Management on the adequacy and effectiveness of internal risk controls and the units' management control awareness.
All our team members are highly sought-after professionals who work as trusted advisors to our stakeholders, in all matters related to a Bank's internal risk controls. We are currently seeking a high calibre professional to join our team as Credit Risk Reviewer. Responsibilities
- Lead / Conduct risk-based independent credit risk reviews of various types of institutional banking ("IBG") counterparties sampled in each project, identify existing or emerging issues relating to credit quality and risk management (including appropriateness of assigned credit risk ratings), and ensure that final issues raised are succinctly reported in the Audit Report and timely documented in the work papers.
- Perform portfolio quality assessment and portfolio stress testing validation / review when leading a project.
- Perform continuous monitoring of credit portfolios (location and industry) as assigned.
- Work closely with the credit process and global transaction services audit teams to ensure thorough end-to-end IBG audit executions.
- Be knowledgeable of the Bank's credit and underwriting policies / practices and applicable regulatory policy requirements (including credit risk, AML and environmental risk management) and assess non-compliance / gaps in the credit portfolio.
- Keep abreast of knowledge on regulatory, economic, industry and technology developments that may significantly affect the risk profile of the Bank's credit portfolio.
- Help foster high quality credit risk management culture Bank-wide and maintain high standard for credit risk process management and controls within the Bank.
- Understand the importance of building rapport with stakeholders (incl. Relationship Managers and Credit Risk Managers) in order to conduct credit reviews in a professional and efficient manner.
- Actively support the IBG Functional Audit Head and Deputy in project planning and executions.
- Actively lead / participate in digital projects which promote data-driven operating model and audit process.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in credit risk management or relationship management and/or credit risk review for corporate credit.
- Good Bachelor's Degree, preferably in Business, Accountancy, Finance or Economics
- Strong knowledge in corporate credit and credit policy matters, with good ability to analyse emerging risk trends and to critically assess credit proposals and portfolio quality.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and capable of presenting excellent written deliverables (including audit issues and recommendations)
- Self-motivated and tenacious with a commitment to excellence
- Team player with strong interpersonal and collaboration skills
- Adaptable and able to multitask and perform under strict deadlines
- Willing to travel from time to time
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.