VP, Critical Facilities & Sustainability, Corporate Real Estate Services
Posting Date: 30-Apr-2021
Location: Raffles Place, Singapore, SG, 048616
Company: United Overseas Bank Limited About UOB
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values - Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers. About the Department
The Finance and Corporate Services
function manages the financial and administrative needs of the Group to help achieve its business goals. Corporate Real Estate Services
We manage and administer matters relating to real estate on behalf of the Group. These include lease management, facilities management, as well as security and general service matters. Job Responsibilities
- Responsible for the delivery of efficient and cost-effective Property/Facility Management & Improvement works to UOB's property, report to Cooperate Real Estate Services (CRES)/ Group Finance.
- Manage Operating and Capital expenses with Total Cost of Ownership. Ensuring resources are leverage at the most optimum, efficient and cost-effective manner.
- Forge relationships with internal BUs, building occupants/tenants, contractors, executing proactive oversight, maintenance, and problem prevention.
- Understand and maintain building systems by contracting for repairs and service, in order to competently prepare specifications and competitively bid on large maintenance projects and service agreements.
- Manage annual budgets, schedule expenses, initiate corrective measures, and prepare reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data.
- Identify and establish working relationships with all necessary engineering, construction and procurement firms (with focus on energy conservation and generation resources) required to execute energy recommendations.
- Perform building "walk-through" and identify energy conservation measures (architectural, mechanical, electrical, etc.) in UOB facilities.
- Creating and driving sustainability initiatives across the ESG key pillars in Singapore and the regional countries where UOB operates.
- Expert use of simulation software and spreadsheets to accurately represent pre and post retrofit building operation.
- Provide continuous improvement recommendations on a yearly basis for optimizing existing control strategies.
- Works autonomously on assignments.
Be a part of UOB Family
- Bachelor in Electrical, Mechanical, Building Services, Facilities Management related engineering.
- 5 - 8 years of working experiences on facilities management or equivalent.
- Experience in mission Critical facilities/ services will be an advantage.
- Baseline knowledge in energy/utility.
- Possesses Singapore Certified Energy Manager (SCEM) or Green Mark Manager certification will be an advantage.
UOB is an equal opportunity employer. UOB does not discriminate on the basis of a candidate's age, race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or other non-merit factors. All employment decisions at UOB are based on business needs, job requirements and qualifications. If you require any assistance or accommodations to be made for the recruitment process, please inform us when you submit your online application.
Apply now and make a difference.