VP, Developer Portal Lead (Java), Microservices & Continuous Delivery, Group Banking Technology
Posting Date: 31-Oct-2020
Location: Alexandra Road, Singapore, SG
Company: United Overseas Bank Limited About UOB
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values - Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers. About the Department
The Technology and Operations
function is comprised of five teams of specialists with distinct capabilities: business partnership, technology, operations, risk governance and planning support and services. We work closely together to harness the power of technology to support our physical and digital banking services and operations. This includes developing, centralising and standardising technology systems as well as banking operations in Singapore and overseas branches. Job Responsibilities
You will be responsible for developing the "Developer Portal" (an in-house self-service automation portal), by working closely with the Engineering and Architecture team to codify architectural best practices to automate key development practices. This Includes microservices framework, API market place and low code environments.
- Perform the roles of a visionary, full-stack developer and dynamic leader and be the technical expert on Java, SpringBoot, Microservices, Angular, MS SQL, Groovy, Python and shell scripting.
- Work as part of a highly talented, cross-functional product development team to ensure that modern technologies and processes are understood and practised.
- Lead a team of 2- 3 developers to build the Developer Portal
- Design a strategy and seek management buy-in to execute in a challenging environment.
- Stay current with industry trends and lead development of key DevOps, Runtime, and Operational innovation platforms.
Be a part of UOB Family
- Strong experience of developing systems with Java SpringBoot, Microservices, Angular, MS SQL, groovy scripting and Shell scripting
- Strong implementation knowledge on REST API, SSL, SSO, Seamless integration to multiple interfaces such as SMTP and File Transfer Protocols.
- Knowledge in Agile development methodology, SDLC principles and DevOps framework.
- Very strong hands on experience in adhering security concepts in development and setting up automated pipelines to capture relevant metrics.
- Prior experience in handling and delivering complex projects
- Able to advise on industry standard tools and processes
- Adept at building working relationships and be able to influence and secure buy-in
UOB is an equal opportunity employer. UOB does not discriminate on the basis of a candidate's age, race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or other non-merit factors. All employment decisions at UOB are based on business needs, job requirements and qualifications. If you require any assistance or accommodations to be made for the recruitment process, please inform us when you submit your online application.
Apply now and make a difference.