VP, Development Lead, Group Consumer Banking and Big Data Analytics Technology, Technology and Operations
Group Technology and Operations (T&O) enables and empowers the bank with an efficient, nimble and resilient infrastructure through a strategic focus on productivity, quality & control, technology, people capability and innovation. In Group T&O, we manage the majority of the Bank's operational processes and inspire to delight our business partners through our multiple banking delivery channels. Responsibilities
- Work with business stakeholders in defining the Branch & Self Service Banking app strategy and roadmap. Bring product thinking into all business requirements across countries. Interface with business, UX and technology teams to drive towards common requirements
- Manage and lead Agile / Scrum development teams in design and development activities and guide them on technical direction.
- Deliver seamless consistent digital & manned channel customer journeys on Branch & Self Service Banking apps across all domains across countries
- Define and own software standards, patterns, methodologies and practices including software quality, execution of agile software delivery
- Ensure the quality delivery of software application enhancements and projects
- Provide leadership in re-defining our development team processes, as well as recommending technologies fit for modern, scalable architectures to deliver business outcomes and customer value
- Understands business functions, construct a solution architecture around Microservices and APIs, and be able to decompose monolith applications into meaningful implementable Microservices and APIs in a Cloud/DevOps environment.
- Play a key role in defining the architecture and engineering guidelines for the development team, and driving engineering practices based on these guidelines
- Drive adoption of the common framework and champion the cause of reuse across various technology teams
- Ensure that the solution architecture aligns with the roadmaps established by the enterprise architecture, and that it adheres to the enterprise architecture principles. Act as the bridge between Enterprise / Application Architecture and Delivery.
- Contribute materially to a well-informed cloud strategy and manage our Cloud Adoption Model
- Establish plan and manage the migration from an in-house infrastructure to the cloud based platform (AWS/VPC)
- Explore new technologies and drive innovation through experimentation
- Able to project manage and allocated development capacity to completing scheduled task
- At least a Degree in Computing / Computer Science / Engineering from a reputed University
- Minimum 10 years experience in IT and software development on open source software stack, with a good track record in a leadership role with a culture of collaboration and teamwork
- Technical Lead experience in all aspects of technology like business applications, middle-ware, database technology, best practices, quality improvements and productivity improvements
- Working knowledge of the general Branch and Self Service Banking (ATM, VTM) App development landscape, architectures, trends, and emerging technologies.
- Understand API architectures; hands on experience with designing and deploying APIs through API gateways and portals, including API documentation using standards such as OpenAPI/Swagger
- Familiarity with modern Public Cloud services on AWS and Azure; relevant certifications preferred
- Working knowledge on Test Driven Development and UI test automation
- Hands on working knowledge on DevOps tools for source control and code branch strategy (Git, Bitbucket), Continuous Integration (Jenkins, Maven), Continuous Delivery (CA Release Automation)
- SRE experience in production support and improvement, incident management, and automation is highly preferred
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.