VP, Distributed System, Group Infrastructure and Platform Services
Posting Date: 13-May-2022
Location: SG, Alexandra
Company: United Overseas Bank Limited About UOB
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values - Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers. About the Department
The Technology and Operations
function is comprised of five teams of specialists with distinct capabilities: business partnership, technology, operations, risk governance and planning support and services. We work closely together to harness the power of technology to support our physical and digital banking services and operations. This includes developing, centralising and standardising technology systems as well as banking operations in Singapore and overseas branches. Job Responsibilities
- Supporting organization in developing, operating and managing large and sophisticated distributed system environments, with a primary responsibility of supporting banks production systems.
- Act as Subject Matter expert for teams, providing guidance for efforts including incident and problem management.
- Driving team's Automation initiatives. Driving productivity, recommending improvements, remediation and operational excellence using quality methodologies to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Provides senior level technical guidance to staff, application team and other teams as necessary.
- Manage enterprise virtualization technologies that includes VMware, Nutanix and supporting Citrix XenApp 7.x
- Infrastructure Operations and Production Support.
- Analyze production systems and performance testing to identify areas of improvement within the application or infrastructure.
- Engages in strategic planning with technology stakeholders to provide direction, technology roadmaps, and platform design and architecture
- Ensures that application and system uptime is maintained according to SLAs
- Resolving complex issues involving: performance, capacity, resiliency, stability, and other key aspects of distributed opensystems landscape.
Be a part of UOB Family
- Degree in Information Technology/Computer Science or equivalent
- More than 10 year's relevant working experience in large and complex organizations preferably in Banking and Finance institution.
- Experience in providing Level 3 level (SME) support on VMware, Linux and Windows.
- Technical hands-on competence required and currently working with VMware Horizon, vCenter, ESXi, Citrix Xendesktop and XenApp products
- vSphere 6.x and 7.x to include vCenter Server for Windows, vCenter Server Linux Appliance and VMware ESXi
- Intensive experience on virtual distributed switch, datastore cluster, VM affinity rules
- Intensive experience in supporting vSphere in DMZ
- Proficient knowledge on Shell Scripting
- Professional understanding of vSphere networking
- Professional understanding of SAN Storage technologies
- Strong system security awareness and knowledge in OS hardening standards like CIS.
- Strong background in dealing with application development teams and principal vendors
- Must have working experience & knowledge on ITIL Processes for IT service management (ITSM) to manage Incidents and problem tasks.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills to interact professionally
- Strong awareness and sensitivity of the priority in maintaining full compliance with IT security and operation standards
- Highly organized, motivated and able to meet deadlines
- Customer focus and result oriented
- Ability to work under pressure with demanding objectives/timelines
- Strong team player under a diverse workforce cultural backgrounds
- Able to work off hour and weekend support when required
UOB is an equal opportunity employer. UOB does not discriminate on the basis of a candidate's age, race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or other non-merit factors. All employment decisions at UOB are based on business needs, job requirements and qualifications. If you require any assistance or accommodations to be made for the recruitment process, please inform us when you submit your online application.
Apply now and make a difference.