A Major Asian bank is looking to fill a VP, ESG Risk Manager position. The geographical scope of this function is at Group level.
- Manage Responsible Financing and ESG risk policies of the Bank, including to develop new policies for identifying, managing, and monitoring environmental and social risks, and ensuring that they stay relevant and effective in building firm-wide resilience to ESG risks, as well as aligned with regulations and market practices.
- Work cross-functionally with bank-wide stakeholders to define and drive the implementation of frameworks, policies, and tools, and facilitate various programmes and initiatives enabling effective ESG risk management and capability development across the Bank
- Engage subsidiaries to ensure prompt adoption and localization of the Group ESG policies and to ensure compliance with Group core standards.
- Provide subject matter expertise, advisory support, as well as credible and constructive challenge of ESG risk management issues by keeping abreast of and communicating latest trends, insights, regulatory developments, and best practices
- Driving in a collaborative, cross functional team towards establishing ESG understanding, practices and application of selected international standards/guidelines across the bank.
- Work with internal stakeholders to collate information for various sustainability reporting e.g. Taskforce on Climate Related Financial Disclosures, Equator Principles.
- Coordinate with both internal and external stakeholders in developing responses and managing the bank’s sustainability indices.
- Facilitate awareness and capacity building on ESG risk management within the Bank.
- At least 10 years working experience in a banking, risk management or relevant discipline, with an understanding of ESG risk management.
- In-depth knowledge of key sustainability issues, ESG international standards/principles and best practices and their relevance to the banking sector
- Relevant academic studies, where a master’s degree will be an advantage, in sustainability, environmental science, environmental engineering and development.
- Possess professional and interpersonal skills to establish good rapport and working relationship with stakeholders.
WE REGRET THAT ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE NOTIFIED.