GIC Corporate Services The GIC Corporate Services team provides cooperative, collaborative and comprehensive support to our investment professionals. Multi-faceted teams deliver the core capabilities in trading and investment operations, risk control, human resources, communication and asset management.
Investment Services Private Markets & Finance (ISPVMF) is responsible for financial management activities across the GIC group. It provides budgeting, financial planning & advisory, accounting, treasury operations, cash management, tax as well as financial and management reporting services to all departments, corporate management companies and the global offices of the GIC group.
ISPVMF is also responsible for providing operations and reporting support to the private markets business of GIC. This includes deal structuring and closing, transaction processing, administration and accounting of investment holding companies, review of financial controls for asset operations, cash & securities reconciliation, valuation and financial reporting for assets under management, and external debt financing.
We are looking for a suitable candidate to join the Financial Planning & Analysis team (Management Accounting) as a VP. The FP&A responsibilities encompasses performance management, driving excellence in deployment of resources, strategic benchmarking, business appraisal and budget planning of both investment and corporate services function of the GIC Group.
• Business Partners to Chief Investment Officers and C-Suite leadership team
• Senior member of the FP&A team contributing to policy and framework design
• Provides financial analysis and strategic advice to steer business performance of investment teams and corporate functions
• Synthesize information, uncover trends and deliver insights to improve decision making throughout the organization
• Supports long-term strategic operational planning to drive excellence in deployment of resources
• Custodian of GIC’s operating budget executing budget planning, forecasting, monitoring, appraisal analysis and management reporting.
• Governance over financial and resource allocation framework that involves regulating and executing financial policies and procedures
• Lead initiatives to design, transform and innovate planning, reporting and analysis processes to remain as thought leaders
• At least 8-10 years of progressive experience in finance with a bias towards quantitative analysis and Finance business partner roles
• Strong leadership, influencing, problem solving, analytical and interpersonal skills
• Communicates in a clear, succinct, organized and convincing manner verbally and in writing
• Significant experience with executive-level consultations. This requires skills in fact-based analysis, synthesis, presentation, and interpersonal interaction
• Superb attention to detail and the ability to prioritize and deliver in a fast-paced environment
• Independent, resourceful and able to work collaboratively with business stakeholders and finance colleagues
• Proficient in technology tools and data extraction/modelling/visualization tools
• Understands the investment business and financial markets