We are one of the largest investment management organizations in the world, with over 1000 people working together to create long-term value.
Investment Services Public Markets
Investment Services Public Markets (ISPM) is an integrated investment service team that leverages data and emerging technologies to provide services for public market investment activities strategically and tactically. The team is responsible for business management functions for all public market investment strategy groups, as well as GIC's global trade operations, custody control and asset servicing such as income entitlements, mergers and acquisitions and other corporate events of our underlying investments, futures and derivative operations, collateral management, pricing and rates, market data and rebalancing operations. The coverage extends across a spectrum of products such as equities, bonds, money market, foreign exchange, futures, collateralized securities and other derivatives.
We are looking for a Vice President to join our Custody and Fund Service team to support Public Markets (Funds) Investments. The successful candidate will support Funds Investment strategies in delivering sustainable top quartile performance. The candidate will interact with people at all levels across the firm. He/She will also need to work closely with stakeholders in Singapore and New York, as well as counterparties and service providers across the globe. Responsibilities
- Accountable for fund service deliveries such as Performance Retu rns/NAV updates, managing capital activity and life cycle (subscriptions / redemptions / capital call), monitoring of invested funds including investment guidelines, management/performance fees, contractual agreements
- Responsible for developing and implementing control and compliance procedures related to fund services
- Build rapport with investment and deal teams, recognized as functional expert and value-adding to the investment execution process
- Establish strong business network within the organization for effective cross-team collaboration
- Deliver strategic changes for service improvements and support business growth
- Proactive in keeping abreast with current fund industry issues and developments
- Perform overall coaching and developing of the fund service team to drive performance excellence
- Degree in either business, finance, engineering, technology or related field.
- At least 8-10 years of relevant work experience in the alternative investment fund industry, preferably hedge funds services or fund administrators.
- Broad knowledge and understanding of service offerings within the fund service functions, e.g. NAV calculation, Accounting, Capital Calls, fund structure.
- Structured thinker and innovative problem solver with an eye for detail.
- Passion for excellence with ability to lead and drive through changes and process improvements.
- A strong team player with excellent interpersonal, communications and analytical skills, who can lead and deliver the team's mandate.
- Driven self-starter, with strong initiative, who is hands-on and comfortable to manage multiple tasks, is confident to engage different stakeholders well, and can work independently to deliver outcomes.
- Good working knowledge with MS Office, in particular MS Excel (e.g. proficiency with pivot tables) is a must.
- Good working knowledge with data visualization requirements and tools such as Tableau would be highly preferred.