VP, Global Markets Business Finance, Group Global Markets
Posting Date: 21-Jan-2023
Location: Singapore (City Area), Singapore, 048624
Company: United Overseas Bank Ltd About UOB
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices. Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values - Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers. About the Department
Global Markets Business Finance is responsible for financial reporting, planning, and advising on accounting issues, and analysis for a specific business unit, division, or product. Responsibilities include ensuring adequacy of controls, profit and loss reporting, balance sheet reporting, reconciliations, and more. The function is responsible for activities related to the Accounting and Budget functions, in addition to payroll activities and Tax functions for the entire firm. Product control functions will also have responsibility for inventory pricing and mark review, and will liaise with other business and infrastructure areas to resolve issues. Job Responsibilities
The role is part of the Global Markets (GM) and Investment Management (IM) Business Finance team with primary responsibility of providing performance management support.
The role will cover and report to the team lead in charge of GM Sales.
- Responsible for timely and accurate reporting of financials to support internal and external reporting.
- Prepare, validate and circulate weekly and monthly business financials to enable business to track revenue and drive performance.
- Month-end closing responsibilities, covering all management accounting entries to enable accurate and timely segmental reporting at the group level per group timelines
- Partner stakeholders such as front office, overseas counterparts, segment counterparts to ensure alignment of Treasury Product Sales revenue and initiatives
- Deep dive and provide insights and analyses of desk performance.
- Support and drive monthly forecast, annual budget and mid-year exercises, as well as longer term strategic plans alongside the business.
- Participate in the Global Market product programs monthly reviews
- Deliver on ad-hoc requests and queries from the business and other stakeholders, including overseas business finance counterparts.
- Support business specific system changes or process enhancements to facilitate a more robust reporting environment.
- Bachelor Degree (Accounting, Finance or Business) with at least 5 to 7 years relevant working experience in banking industry, preferably in the treasury product control, financial control or FP&A areas.
- Strong knowledge of treasury products including accounting and regulatory requirements. Knowledge of front-to-back treasury processes will be advantageous.
- Excellent analytical skills & Meticulous
- Strong team player, with good interpersonal, communication and problem solving skills
- Able to work independently under pressure to produce accurate and timely work
- Microsoft Excel and Powerpoint
- Accounting knowledge, especially around Financial Instruments
- Treasury Product knowledge
Good to have
Be a part of UOB Family
- PowerBI, MS Builder
- Able to apply market knowledge to understand the financials
UOB is an equal opportunity employer. UOB does not discriminate on the basis of a candidate's age, race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or other non-merit factors. All employment decisions at UOB are based on business needs, job requirements and qualifications. If you require any assistance or accommodations to be made for the recruitment process, please inform us when you submit your online application.
Apply now and make a difference