Job description Some careers grow faster than others.
If you’re looking for a career that will give you plenty of opportunities to develop, join HSBC and your future will be rich with potential. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
HSBC Life in Singapore is the combination of AXA Singapore and HSBC Insurance. Here you can specialise in Insurance but enjoy the advantages that come with being part of a leading global international bank. Insurance is about people, and the promises they make. At HSBC Life in Singapore we help deliver on these promises by providing a wide variety of life insurance products and services to our clients throughout the Asia-Pacific region. Our employees enjoy a dynamic and innovative workplace and a world of opportunities to develop their careers in a high-profile growing business segment. We empower our combined team of high-performing individuals to build skills and explore new experiences to realise the full potential of being part of HSBC. Together we will pursue efficient ways of working. We will harness the latest data and technology solutions to achieve meaningful outcomes for our clients. And the protection we offer will create broad and lasting impact, helping clients to be healthier, more productive and more confident in their futures.”
We are currently seeking a high calibre professional to join our team as a VP, Market Conduct Investigations. Principal Responsibilities
- Lead a team of market conduct investigators and analysts
- Oversee investigations of complaints on alleged misconduct, ensuring thoroughness and consistency
- Oversee surveillance activities to identify and mitigate sales practices of the distribution force
- Assure regulators, internal auditors, compliance assurance reviewers on quality of investigations and surveillance activities
- Assess operational risks relating to market conduct, taking account of changing economic and market conditions, legal and regulatory requirements, operating procedures and practices, distribution and compensation structure and the impact of new technology
- Provide stakeholders with management information and reports relating to emerging trends impacting the effectiveness of market conduct controls
- Review the sales force disciplinary policy annually, keeping it is fair, remains relevant and aligned with industry standards
- Train new agents and agency leaders on market conduct regulations
- Extensive experience in the financial services industry
- Deep understanding of local regulations and industry requirements on market conduct
- Proven leadership experience; has effectively led or built high performing team(s)
- History of working in a liaison role, with a verifiable track record of success
- Ability to recognize emerging risk and formulate mitigation strategy
- Highly motivated, entrepreneurial, and autonomous
- Ability to formulate, disseminate and implement strategy
- Proven analytical skills with ability to support decisions with sound commercial reasoning
- Lateral thinker with an ability to interpret and solve complex issues
- Numerate, evidence based analytical skills founded on an empirical base
- Strong communication, influencing and interpersonal skills with a proven ability to quickly build and maintain effective relationships
To be considered for this role, the relevant rights to work in Singapore is required. You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC. www.hsbc.com/careers
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited.