VP, Portfolio Manager/Credit Analyst, UOB Asset Management
Posting Date: 07-Oct-2021
Location: Raffles Place, Singapore, SG
Company: UOB Asset Management Ltd About UOB
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values - Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers. About the Department UOB Asset Management
is a leading Asian asset manager with award-winning investment expertise in fixed income and equities. Headquartered in Singapore, we offer global investment management expertise to individuals, institutions and corporations from a regional network spanning Thailand, Malaysia, Brunei, Japan and beyond. Our comprehensive product suite includes innovative solutions covering retail unit trusts, exchange-traded funds and customised portfolio management services. Job Responsibilities
The Fixed Income Asia/Singapore Team is part of an integrated investment team managing both institutional and Unit Trust Fixed Income Funds, investing mainly in fixed income securities across Global Developed, Global Emerging and Asia markets. The incumbent is expecting to deliver on (parts of)/the entire investment process in Asia (USD) and/or Singapore (SGD) credits.
- Generate ideas and contribute to strategy formulation/implementation for fixed income portfolios.
- Manage and evaluated risks and opportunities of investment portfolios to achieve risk-adjusted outperformance against absolute or relative return benchmarks.
- Support sales efforts of various internal distribution channels by attending pitches, client meetings, business development routine and performing after sales reviews.
- Understand corporate credit risk drivers and a familiarity of macroeconomic and industry conditions, to identify mispricing and valuation discrepancies, make investment recommendations, and communicate findings.
- Perform holistic and comprehensive credit research analysis to identify and recommend investment ideas in active engagement with team members.
Be a part of UOB Family
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance/Accounting/Business Management or comparable professional qualifications.
- At least 5 years or more in portfolio management/credit analysis covering referenced credits in J.P. Morgan Asia Credit Index (JACI) and/or Singapore SGD market
- Possess strong numeracy and technical and analytical capabilities to identify and evaluate credit (fixed income) opportunities and risks.
- Demonstrate sound knowledge of financial markets.
- Demonstrate keen interest in keeping abreast of financial market developments, political and economic affairs.
- Be a self-learner, motivated to achieve.
- Be a team player with good interpersonal and communication skills in a dynamic environment
- Effective in both spoken and written English and Chinese to handle Chinese speaking markets.
- Proficient in Microsoft office, in particular, Microsoft Excel.
- Programming skills in VBA, Python/R language and use business intelligence tools is an advantage
UOB is an equal opportunity employer. UOB does not discriminate on the basis of a candidate's age, race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or other non-merit factors. All employment decisions at UOB are based on business needs, job requirements and qualifications. If you require any assistance or accommodations to be made for the recruitment process, please inform us when you submit your online application.
Apply now and make a difference.