VP, Production Support Level 2, Group Infrastructure & Platform Services
Posting Date: 17-Mar-2023
Location: Alexandra (City Area), Singapore, 048624
Company: United Overseas Bank Ltd
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. x Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values - Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers.
About the Department
Group Technology and Operations (GTO) provides software and system development, information technology support services and banking operations.
We have centralized and standardized the technology components into Singapore, creating a global footprint which can be utilized for supporting our regional subsidiaries and the branches around the world. We operate and support 19 countries with this architecture to provide a secure and flexible banking infrastructure.
Our Operations divisions provide transactional customer services for our businesses while also focusing on cost efficiency through process improvements, automation and straight through processing.
- Handle support for production operational issues by issuing initial response, data gathering, tracking, and resolution where possible as well as determining escalation protocol based on the nature of the issue.
- Investigate production issues and provide workaround to user to move business forward. And share L2 analysis to L3 team for further investigation.
- To provide knowledge sharing in OpenShift containerized platform/deployment procedures
- Support automated application health checks, housekeeping, file status checks, inter-application checks
- Manage and respond to users on timely manner for reported production issues/clarification.
- Monitor production activities/processes to ensure timely and effective reporting, tracking, follow-up and communication of problems to internal and external clients, technical resources, and executives.
- Implement continuous process improvement, including but not limited to, policy, procedures, and production monitoring.
- Help in identifying, coordinating, and implementing initiatives/projects and activities that create efficiencies and optimize technical processing.
- Develop and maintain relationships with technical staff, end users and clients.
- Carefully evaluate alternative risks and solutions before taking action to provide timely resolution.
- Perform Disaster Recovery (DR) exercise for multiple applications across all country on every year.
- Assist to bring-up all applicable services that are required after system maintenance / OS patching / DB patching activity.
- Ensure end of day batch process is getting completed successfully for multiple applications across country on every day.
- Generate one time report as per user request/audit request.
- Minimum 8 years of hands-on experience in Java, J2EE, JMS, Swift, Webservices, Micro Service, Oracle, UNIX, IBM MQ Series, CTRL+M, Open Shift Platform (OCP), Splunk, Geneos.
- Hands-on experience in IT Operations/Production support L2/L3.
- Experience in ITIL process and tools like Control-M is a plus.
- Strong analytical & trouble shooting skills required.
- Experience in Disaster Recovery planning and test execution.
- Exhibits problem solving skills and shows flexibility in supporting evolution in process, standards, and strategy.
- Experience working in financial services industry supporting mission critical applications is a big plus.
Be a part of UOB Family
UOB is an equal opportunity employer. UOB does not discriminate on the basis of a candidate's age, race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or other non-merit factors. All employment decisions at UOB are based on business needs, job requirements and qualifications. If you require any assistance or accommodations to be made for the recruitment process, please inform us when you submit your online application.
Apply now and make a difference.