VP, Public Cloud Solution Engineer, Group Technology & Operations
Group Technology and Operations (T&O) enables and empowers the bank with an efficient, nimble and resilient infrastructure through a strategic focus on productivity, quality & control, technology, people capability and innovation. In Group T&O, we manage the majority of the Bank's operational processes and inspire to delight our business partners through our multiple banking delivery channels.
Cloud Engineering and Services is a diverse team focused on modernizing DBS' technology delivery methods and platforms to enable the bank to compete in the Digital Economy on Cloud. Our vision is to enable teams to deliver concept to cash in record time, with no customer disruption and no operations. Inspired by the GAFA and Fintech companies, as well as other emerging technologies,we develop enterprise grade solutions for consumption by business and technology units. About the Role
Mid experience software engineer to work in the DBS public cloud team to develop application which helps DevOps teams consume, track and report all public cloud application deployment, lifecycle and governance aspects.
The role will be required to implement key code against existing specifications and requirements in compliance with existing organisational standards. The role is for a junior to mid full stack developer that has either fundamental understanding or a deep interest in public cloud or experience with infrastructure automation and portal development, not afraid of existing code bases and pick up new skills as needed. Responsibilities
Key Skills and Experience
- Code development, integration and troubleshooting during development and integration with the DBS public cloud deployment pipeline and the public cloud services to enable application teams go live within target deadlines.
- Deliver assigned features and tasks with high quality and timeliness.
- Design, build and implement web applications based on specification and work with different stakeholders to ensure successful software release
- Develop web application using technologies such as Angular 9+, Java / Spring core and docker to be deployed on AWS & Google Cloud, using microservices as the software architecture pattern with freedom to choose the technology for each problem. e.g EKS, ECS, Lambda, API gateway or, load balanced EC2.
- Ensure secure coding and existing software development lifecycle guidelines and standards are met
- Participate in daily agile stand up scrum meeting and sprint planning
- Write unit test and execute unit testing and assist in user acceptance testing
- > 3 years of working experience in the IT industry.
- 3+ years experience in designing and developing web applications and solutions that are lightweight, responsive and user-friendly
- 3+ years of professional enterprise software development experience of in any of the following: Java, Spring ,Python, Node, Go
- Command of web technology fundamentals HTTP, Websockets, Content Distribution, WAF, REST, JSON, YAML, CORS, Session/ cookies, SAML, OAtuh
- Production experience of common persistent stores such as SQL, DynamoDB, MongoDB, Elasticsearch, Redis
- General knowledge of infrastructure components, TCP/IP, DNS, ICMP, PKI, TLS
- Good knowledge In Architectural Pattern such as MVC, DAO, and Design Patterns such as AOP, Facade, Factory, Singleton, etc.
- Knowledge in Test Driven Development and Test Automation using GIT, Maven and best CI/CD practices Junit, Protractor, Selenium, etc.
- Knowledge of any of the following in enterprise security aware setting: K8S, Ansible, Terraform, CloudFormation, Jenkins, Bamboo, Pulumi
- Experience working under Agile methodology
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.