VP, Regional Business Development, Private Bank
Posting Date: 06-Oct-2021
Location: Singapore, SG
Company: United Overseas Bank Limited About UOB
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values - Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers. About the Department
function provides Personal and Business Banking customers with financial solutions tailored to their needs. We help them manage their money wisely and meet their financial goals through an extensive range of products and services. These include deposit, insurance, secured and unsecured loans, investment and wealth advisory services. Personal Financial Services
We design and provide products and services that empower our customers to enjoy greater banking convenience while they extract more value from their money. In particular, we are focused on promoting and developing healthy saving and investment practices across generations. Job Responsibilities
We are seeking for a Regional Business Development Manager (BDM) to support Private Bank's (PB) regional expansion and outreach efforts in target markets within Asia. The BDM is responsible to embed PB's value proposition and be the regional acquisition lead to identify new business opportunities. The BDM will be involved in strategic and tactical planning and positioning of PB value proposition and is the 'go-to' person for all PB related matters for internal and external stakeholders. Specific Responsibilities
Job Requirements Who are we looking for?
- Responsible to drive new business development activities and to create business and sales marketing plan for countries of coverage to achieve business objectives.
- Perform market research and benchmarking, plan prospecting activities and establish referral SOPs.
- Manage key stakeholders in markets and deepen relationships with potential clients and internal stakeholders.
- Create and maintain acquisition pipelines and contact plan for each prospect.
- Perform acquisition forecast and analysis of leads pipelines in accordance to requirement.
- Plan regular engagement sessions to train / update in-country teams on PB updates and upskill them with required knowledge to facilitate flow of business to PB.
- Work with Group Marketing to raise PB brand awareness in markets of coverage by rolling out curated and targeted activities that are fit for purpose.
- Take charge of all BD activities rollout, eDMs and collaterals, tracking of post activities ROIs and feedback.
Education / Experience Requirements
- Resourceful self-starter with strong interpersonal and networking skills.
- An advocate for work efficiency to make things simpler, faster and better.
- Ability to work independently, prioritise workload and execute in accordance to plan.
- Strategic thinker and able to see the bigger picture in order to improve the business.
- Analytical mindset to structure business plans and tenacity to overcome challenges.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills to articulate clearly.
- Willingness to travel (20% of time).
Be a part of UOB Family
- A successful candidate must possess a Bachelor's degree in finance, marketing, business management or any business-related fields.
- A least 5 years of business development experience within high net worth sales / acquisition space and experience in planning and execution of marketing plans.
- Experience working in a Private Banking environment preferred.
UOB is an equal opportunity employer. UOB does not discriminate on the basis of a candidate's age, race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or other non-merit factors. All employment decisions at UOB are based on business needs, job requirements and qualifications. If you require any assistance or accommodations to be made for the recruitment process, please inform us when you submit your online application.
Apply now and make a difference.