- Aug 16, 2022
Morgan McKinley is working in partnership with a Global Bank who is well known for their top tier Corporate and Investment Banking services. They are one of the well-recognized tier one houses.
The Singapore team is looking to hire a VP to join their Risk and Control under the Operations department. Reporting to the head, you will be part of the Operations Risk & Control function which is responsible for facilitating a sustainable governance framework to ensure controls are 'fit for purpose', operating as designed and are adaptable to the challenges brought in by various external events and regulatory changes. The team thus looks to facilitate identification of the firm's risks by ensuring adequate controls are in place within Operations.
Role and responsibilities
- Execute Quality Assurance / Control Testing reviews within Operations and fold back observations from R&C BAU into the risk reviews
- Drive a risk and control culture across Operations
- Perform risk monitoring
- Manage the Risks and Control Self-Assessment (RCSA) process for Operations, challenge the appropriateness and completeness of the risk repositories with the functional managers (where required) and interface with ORM (Operational Risk Management) for addition of new risks / amendment of existing risks, etc.
- Oversee the KRI (Key Risk Indicators) breaks and exceptions periodically to assess impact
- Analyse incidents / events, perform root cause analysis and identify the strategic outlook of actions proposed
- Engage in discussions concerning the control framework with Internal / External Auditors (audit related); cooperate in completion of such audits as well as the SOX Audits
- Collaborate with cross divisional / regional counterparts on initiatives looking to enhance the control and governance framework for Operations
- Participate in initiatives launched by the Control team to pave way for a better control framework within Operations
- Ensure consistent understanding of relevant standards and guidelines applicable to Operations
- Prepare materials for training, awareness, case study sessions on themes relevant to the current control environment to ensure uniform appreciation of existing risks and controls among the Operations teams
- Prepare relevant updates for cross border forums, monthly meetings, etc., as required.
- Oversee regulatory compliance activities including but not limited to deliverables to regulators (via Compliance), regulatory incident analysis, etc.
- Experience of Risk and Control, preferably with a QA / Audit background
- Strategic mind-set with the ability to assess and analyze emerging risks for Operations as well as newer industry risks
- Collaborative working style, with strong communication skills
- Has relevant experience in Operations, preferably with a risk management background
- Is articulate and has good presentation skills
- Is comfortable with negotiating; possesses an ability to seek buy-ins from key stakeholders
- Has keen attention to details, able to multitask and enjoys problem solving
- Possesses strong analytical skills and an ability to quickly learn new products and systems; shows willingness to be able to thrive in a challenging and constantly changing environment
- Is dynamic - with a strong character and excellent interpersonal skills
Only shortlisted candidates will be responded to, therefore if you do not receive a response within 14 days please accept this as notification that you have not been shortlisted.
Morgan McKinley Pte Ltd, EA License No: 11C5502
Lee Boon Hou (Hagen), Registration No: R1870932