Headhunter - Asset Management, Hedge Funds, Private Equity, Family Offices
Our client is a Global Asset Manager with approx USD 1tn in assets under management covering a spectrum of solutions across Active, Passive and Alternatives. We are currently seeking a VP-level South East Asian Institutional Sales person to join the team in Singapore. The successful candidate will play a critical role in building and maintaining client relationships as well as AUM ensure growth across the product platform. The client segment includes institutions such as Central Banks, Sovereign Wealth Funds, Pensions, Insurers, Endowments, Government Institutions, Family Offices, Asset Managers and Corporates.
Roles Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Developing new client relationships in South East Asia
- Growing existing client relationships and cross-selling
- Detailed client mapping and wallet analysis
- Contribution to sales strategy and long-term planning
- Involvement in complete sales lifecycle, continued management and support for clients, inclusive of client servicing
- Preparation and communication of relevant investment, market and corporate information to clients.
- Monitoring of client relationships and preparation of client development plans that ensure services are delivered continuously and effectively.
- As required, take leadership or supportive roles in projects aimed at improving operational efficiency of the institutional platform; maintaining industry best practice and ensuring it remains in compliance with regulations.
- 8+ years of previous experience in financial services, in particular asset management. Experience with Institutional clients is a must.
- Good working knowledge and familiarity with investment concepts and securities
- Good working knowledge of investment management processes including operational processes
- Experience in handling sophisticated institutional clients at a senior level
- Strong working knowledge and relationship management of the SEA client landscape and institutional clients
- Experience and knowledge of public and private markets
- History of asset raising and client development
- Strong attention to detail, analytical and problem solving skills
- Relationship building, interpersonal & listening skills to interface with clients and internal business areas at an operational level.
- Computer skills, both numeric and creative
- Accurate and articulate presentation ability
- Strong self-starter, pro-active mindset in getting things done
- Team player
- Good time management skills
- Degree holder (or equivalent level) – preferably in finance
- Registration with Singapore regulator to perform regulated activity
- 8+ years of experience including Coverage/Relationship management
Principle Partners is an Asian specialist in buy-side executive search with a focus on Asset Management, Private Equity, Venture Capital, Hedge Funds, Technology Companies, and Wealth Management.
The firm is headquartered in Singapore and covers the Asia Pacific region.
Client profiles for asset management include international, regional and boutique fund houses and sovereign wealth funds. For private equity, we serve global, pan-Asian, regional and country-specific funds looking to deploy capital in Asia, with strategies including buy-outs, control investments, growth equity, and early stage investments.
Our hedge fund clients range from start-ups to the largest international funds, with strategies including equity long-short, event-driven, convertible bond arbitrage, Asian/global macro, distressed debt/special situations and high-frequency trading.
We have a strong track record for senior positions placements at the world’s largest asset managers, sovereign wealth funds, private equity, hedge funds, and family offices. We also cover middle and back office roles such as legal, compliance and risk management to support the core front-office investing roles.