VP, Senior Data Analytics, Credit Acquisition & Portfolio Management, Consumer Banking, Risk Management Group
Business Function Risk Management Group works closely with our business partners to manage the bank's risk exposure by balancing its objective to maximise returns against an acceptable risk profile. We partner with origination teams to provide financing, investments and hedging opportunities to our customers. To manage risk effectively and run a successful business, we invest significantly in our people and infrastructure. Job Purpose
- Design & manage MIS & data analytics to manage portfolio quality through the credit cycle
- Lead data exploration and tests hypothesis to improve portfolio mix and performance with balanced risk
- Cultivate & maintain a consistent consumer credit culture in the Bank to ensure compliance with internal controls and regulatory standards
- Assist Dept Head to guide other department staff in their roles, responsibilities & upskilling.
- Manage portfolio quality and credit risk through use in-depth portfolio analysis of consumer lending products to assess risk & opportunities and validate and refine various credit policies/processes through use of analytics.
- Support new business initiatives through use of data analytics to develop and propose credit risk strategies for consumer credit portfolios to optimize growth and profitability within risk appetite.
- Initiate data exploration to grow business within risk appetite and improve portfolio mix performance through refined acquisition strategies
- Keep abreast on latest technology changes such as data analytics and artificial intelligence that can be applied to credit risk management.
- Collaborate widely with other stakeholders in the Bank in key digital initiatives
- Work in close collaboration with the Credit Policy team to:
- Support new Business initiatives & proposals for incorporation into product programs
- Engage Business partners in regular asset quality reviews with provision of analytics insights to identify risks/ opportunities and recommend relevant actions
- Support review of credit policies and program risk acceptance criteria regularly, with analytical insights of portfolio trends & performance
- Drive portfolio management initiatives through the credit cycle management framework by jointly working in partnership with product managers, credit approval team, credit operations team and collection team
- Monitor key portfolio performance trends to ensure strong portfolio credit quality with a good balance of risk and reward to optimize Business opportunities and in line with business strategy and risk appetite.
- Assist in establishing key portfolio performance measurements to monitor portfolio performance, test programs evaluations; and uncover insights and areas for improvements.
- Support scorecard monitoring and analysis; involve in the scorecard development as well as validation of the score cut-off.
- Participate in digital initiatives and drive continuous improvements in analytics capabilities using both traditional and non-traditional data as well as enhancements in the use of risk analytics tools.
- Identify opportunities for continuous improvements and digitization of credit processes.
- Support platform conversion initiative; involve in code translation from SAS to Python.
Apply Now We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.
- At least 8 - 10 years of exposure in consumer credit & lending, preferably covering both secured and unsecured lending with strong data analytics skill and ability.
- Possess strong portfolio and analytical skills with demonstrated ability to conceptualize and clearly communicate the analytical findings, both in writing and verbally.
- Decisive and solution focused. Possess strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize and analyze significant amount of information with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Demonstrated ability to synergise, prioritise and drive results with a sense of urgency
- Good communication and writing skills
- Team-player and good interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated with a strong inquisitive mindset and quest for learning
- Programming skills (SAS, SQL, Python, R etc.)
- Good grasp of credit fundamentals in consumer lending
- Able to analyse risk-reward dynamics of consumer products with use of data-driven analytics
- Good understanding of the mechanics and usage of statistical models/ scorecards for consumer products
- Able to engage cross-functional team to work on tasks
- Competent in the use of SAS and Python as well as MS Office tools (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Access).
- Experience in dashboarding tools like Power BI, Tableau or Qlikview preferred.
- Maintain close collaborative relationship across teams with sharing of ideas and joint initiatives.
- Work closely with Business and Credit Policy team to develop competitive product features to acquire business by taking appropriate risk to maximise returns.
- Work closely with all key stakeholders in the credit cycle to ensure smooth end to end process.