VP, Technical Delivery Manager, Customer Management & Compliance, Group Technology
Posting Date: 13-Oct-2021
Location: Alexandra Road, Singapore, SG
Company: United Overseas Bank Limited About UOB
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values - Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers. About the Department
The Technology and Operations
function is comprised of five teams of specialists with distinct capabilities: business partnership, technology, operations, risk governance and planning support and services. We work closely together to harness the power of technology to support our physical and digital banking services and operations. This includes developing, centralising and standardising technology systems as well as banking operations in Singapore and overseas branches. Job Responsibilities
- Plan technical deliverables (including any system enhancements and upgrades) to meet project's requirements within allocated budget and schedule.
- Plan and collaborate across different application teams to manage technical dependencies of the solution
- Plan, monitor and manage risks/issues related to technical delivery
- Provide status update related to technical delivery to Project Manager (PM)/ Program Manager
- Partner with System Analysts, Functional Business Analysts and SME's to collate, understand and finalize functional and technical requirements
- Provide Systems input to specification phase (effort estimates, high level delivery plan) based on impact assessment etc.
- Partner with Architects and Development Lead to ensure solution design complies with enterprise design principles, security and control standards
- Partner with Development Manager in managing application teams to build the enhancements
- Partner with Test Manager to ensure completion of System Integration Testing (SIT), User Acceptance Testing (UAT), performance / load testing and application security testing with quality results
- Prepare and manage technical implementation plan across application teams - coordinate technical implementation activities across application teams to ensure non-event production cutover and adequate post implementation support
- Escalate issues that impacts project schedule on timely basis and propose workarounds/resolutions
Be a part of UOB Family
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or similar domain; related professional / technical qualification will be advantageous although not mandatory
- At least 12 years of experience in business process and technology implementation
- More than 7 years' track record in developing and delivering global or regional IT capabilities for multi-national/regional company with annual budgetary responsibility
- More than 5 years of leadership experience in managing IT delivery teams and implementing large-scale project
- At least 8 years aggregated experience in actual systems development work, with prior coding, functional and technical specifications, systems development and testing experience
- Strong technical knowledge and platform knowledge in Open Systems
- Good business domain knowledge in Retail and Corporate Loans Origination systems, Business or Credit rules management is a plus
- Good knowledge in financial services policies, procedures, products and industry practices preferred
- Proven result-oriented person with a focus on delivery
- Good understanding and experience in software development cycle (Waterfall or Agile best practices)
- Highly effective communicating with technical stakeholders, proficient communicating with non-technical stakeholders
- Good problem solving, analytical, synthesis, system thinking and solutioning skills
- Strong negotiation skills and vendor management skills
UOB is an equal opportunity employer. UOB does not discriminate on the basis of a candidate's age, race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or other non-merit factors. All employment decisions at UOB are based on business needs, job requirements and qualifications. If you require any assistance or accommodations to be made for the recruitment process, please inform us when you submit your online application.
Apply now and make a difference.