VP, Technology Assurance
Posting Date: 13-May-2022
Location: Alexandra, Singapore, SG
Company: United Overseas Bank Limited About UOB
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values - Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers. About the Department
The Technology and Operations
function is comprised of five teams of specialists with distinct capabilities: business partnership, technology, operations, risk governance and planning support and services. We work closely together to harness the power of technology to support our physical and digital banking services and operations. This includes developing, centralising and standardising technology systems as well as banking operations in Singapore and overseas branches. Job Responsibilities
Reporting to the Technology Assurance Head, he/she supports the assurance reviews and identifies key automated application controls of a specific technology or functional area.
- Carry out IT General Control testing in accordance with the Assurance methodology, and evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of internal controls relating to risks within those functional areas.
- Adopt a range of sources and methods to obtain knowledge and apply judgment based on sound business knowledge of day-to-day assurance review work; this includes identifying and assessing key risks and designing testing to assess the design and operating effectiveness of the key controls in place to mitigate risk.
- Collaborate with subject matter experts (SME) and other teams in integrated assurance reviews and actively contribute to the delivery of team plans in support of the functional and business strategies under limited supervision.
- Proactively develop and maintain professional consultative working relationships with the technology risk team, with internal stakeholders, and use a range of approaches to collect relevant and readily available information to assess risk, resolve issues or carry out tasks.
- Responsible for coverage and professional advice to the other assurance colleagues in overseas locations.
- Active engagement with team members for knowledge sharing.
Be a part of UOB Family
- Minimum 7 to 10 years of Technology Assurance or IT audit experience, preferably from the financial industry or Big 4.
- Exposure to MAS Technology Risk Management guidelines is preferred.
- Sound knowledge of banking or technology processes, banking products and the overall industry.
- Well versed in the technical security controls for one of the following areas: web security, network security, system security, DLP controls, IAM, AS/400 and Unix operating systems controls, database controls.
- Experience in usage of data analytics for IT audit or assurance work will be a strong plus.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written and presentation) to deliver timely technology assurance reports to senior management and stakeholders.
- Strong relationship management, analytical, problem solving, communication, influencing, planning and presentation skills.
- Self-motivated and driven, able to work independently.
- Establish a good understanding of the relevant functional area's developments and is a keen learner to continuously develop relevant technical expertise.
- Able to work in a fast-paced business environment.
- Able to work in virtual, global teams in a matrix organisation, transfer knowledge and is a good team player.
UOB is an equal opportunity employer. UOB does not discriminate on the basis of a candidate's age, race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or other non-merit factors. All employment decisions at UOB are based on business needs, job requirements and qualifications. If you require any assistance or accommodations to be made for the recruitment process, please inform us when you submit your online application.
Apply now and make a difference.