VP, Technology Risk Manager, Group Banking Technology
Posting Date: 06-Oct-2021
Location: Alexandra Road, Singapore, SG
Company: United Overseas Bank Limited About UOB
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values - Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers. About the Department
The Technology and Operations
function is comprised of five teams of specialists with distinct capabilities: business partnership, technology, operations, risk governance and planning support and services. We work closely together to harness the power of technology to support our physical and digital banking services and operations. This includes developing, centralising and standardising technology systems as well as banking operations in Singapore and overseas branches. Job Responsibilities
Collaborating with the Development & Support managers and their teams for Technology Risk, the incumbent will support in the governance and management of Technology Risk for the Group.
- Support in managing the regular governance committee through providing pertinent risk reporting and highlighting key risk issues / trends in the risk dashboard
- Implement the risk & control framework to achieve effective risk management
- Manage the regular risk assessment, attestation and reporting
- Manage the implementation of operational risk and compliance initiatives and policies
- Provide technology risk support for the Leaders and their Operations (Ops) teams through:
- Function as risk manager / consultant on technology risk and representing technology teams for risk & control matters
- Coordinate and facilitate the self-assessment (e.g. RRSA (Regulatory Requirement Self-Assessment), RCSA (Risk & Control Self-Assessment)) activities including conducting of independent control testing to facilitate control monitoring and attestations as well as in the review / reporting of regulatory compliance breach and operational risk incident
- Perform audit management activities including coordinating / conducting pre-audit checks and coordinating with the audit team during and post audit work of Technology team under review
- Conduct focused reviews / risk assessments / deep dive reviews of targeted risk areas
- Work with the Technology units to resolve risk issues
- Proactively identify risks through monitoring of technology performance in risk and compliance management (through tracking of resolution of issues arising from regulatory compliance breaches, operational risk incidents and special reviews / audits / inspections as well as independent control testing)
- Provide support and training to foster strong risk culture and risk awareness within the Technology units
Be a part of UOB Family
- University Degree in Computer Science or equivalent; Professional certifications like CISA, CISM will be advantageous
- Minimum of 10 years working experience with at least 5 years in risk & control or audit function in banking environment
- Broad and deep experience in management and/or assessment of adequacy of controls over technology activities of a bank. Preferably, also with good knowledge of retail and corporate banking processes and products
- Ability to identify risks and assess adequacy of controls as well as being able to make suitable recommendations for control enhancements are key requirements for this role
- Good analytical, organizational, and conceptual skills
- Experience in leading / managing projects
- Good communication, presentation and influencing skills and able to manage stakeholders across multiple disciplines.
UOB is an equal opportunity employer. UOB does not discriminate on the basis of a candidate's age, race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or other non-merit factors. All employment decisions at UOB are based on business needs, job requirements and qualifications. If you require any assistance or accommodations to be made for the recruitment process, please inform us when you submit your online application.
Apply now and make a difference.