Group Strategic Marketing & Communications is responsible for building, protecting, and enhancing the DBS brand in an increasingly commoditized banking industry. Working closely with all units within the DBS Group, we create and execute integrated strategies that focus on communications especially digital communications, marketing, and research to differentiate - and elevate - our brand from the rest of the competition. Job Purpose:
Enhance DBS' corporate reputation and profile its initiatives in institutional / SME banking across media/PR, content marketing and paid media, with a focus on earned media.
The purpose of the role is to ensure that DBS maintains its share of voice in key business media, trade publications and owned channels. The role will entail proactively campaigning strategic corporate themes that are important in driving the strategic agenda of the institutional and wholesale banking business. Responsibilities:
- Proactively profile our Institutional Banking / SME business as well as digital/sustainability initiatives in Singapore and key markets
- Identify relevant story-telling opportunities to reinforce key narratives that in turn contribute to achieving business objectives
- Provide strategic counsel on media and integrated communications so as to positively predispose our stakeholders (investors, customers, employees etc) to the bank
- Partner relevant business leaders and marketing teams to proactively identify, strategise and execute leadership campaigns to reach identified stakeholders
- Identify different and new ways of profiling the business and its related world-class innovations. This can be via engagement with industry experts, editors of business journals or authors
- Issues management
- Bachelor's Degree with preferably at least 8 - 10 years of experience in a corporate communications/media relations role.
- Able to work in teams, and yet execute as an individual contributor
- Strong sense of ownership of results
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; able to work with all levels of the organisation
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple deadlines and projects at one time
- Ability to identify and cultivate media and KOL relationships