VP / AVP, Product Manager, DBS Remit, Digital Banking, Consumer Banking Group
As the leading bank in Asia, DBS Consumer Banking Group is in a unique position to help our customers realise their dreams and ambitions. As a market leader in the consumer banking business, DBS has a full spectrum of products and services, including deposits, investments, insurance, mortgages, credit cards and personal loans, to help our customers realise their dreams and aspirations at every life stage. Our financial solutions are not only the best in the business - they were made just right for you. Job Purpose
DBS Remit is DBS' remittance platform that offers same day transfers to over 48 countries around the world without any charges. Started in 2011, it has grown multi-fold and is now a significant revenue generator for the Consumer Banking business. We are looking for a product head that will drive further growth of the DBS Remit business. This requires assisting the Head of XB payments to bring about structural changes to reposition the offering so it can compete externally with beat the new Fin tech entrants.
The aim will be to ensure that DBS XB remittances offers customers a best in class experience in terms of ease, speed, value and safety when compared to competitors in the market and provides innovative new features as the market evolves. Key Accountabilities
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Revenue targets: Doubling the existing revenue by 2024
- Portfolio and pricing: There's a fine balance between staying competitive and under-pricing the FX portfolio. A key KPI will be managing the spreads to maximize bottom line
- Scaling: Product needs to scale from a technical and an operational point of view without stressing the system. Specific targets will be defined for robustness and reliability of the system
- Product Capability: Detail planning, and executing on product features and capability with the countries, IT, delivery, Design and UX teams - ensuring that these are rolled out in the most efficient and effective manner - and the offering achieves a best of class status
- Measures: On Volumes, transactions #s, CX ratings, new and repeat usage, active rates and awards.
- Conversion to product line: DBS Remit needs to be converted to a product line with its own P&L. The process has been initiated, but needs to be taken to completion
- Management of the existing product capabilities on a 'day to day' basis
- Leading the build out of product enhancements and enabling new payment corridors
- Working with new and existing payment/banking partners across the globe
- Increasing resiliency and robustness to ensure scaleable growth; working with technology and delivery partners
- Working with the many units to reposition into a coherent product capability with detailed metrics and measures, Detailed product planning with the digital banking heads in countries where DBS operates and managing new product and market roll outs.
- Strong payment experience in a digital environment
- Ability to interact at all management levels
- Ability to work across stakeholders across the organization
- Appreciation of customer needs and the ability to communicate these to stakeholders.
- Experience in designing excellent customer journeys and digital features
- Highly adaptable, self-starter, ability to deal with ambiguity, thrives in fast-moving and high-growth environments, bias towards action
- Strong communication skills, ability to speak tech and business when needed
- Familiarity with banking, financial services, payments, and platform businesses
- Comfortable with IT development and delivery, APIs, payment flows
- Proficient at developing and delivery of effective presentations.
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Strong communication skills incl. C-Level
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.