The Business Risk Officer within Marketing Supervision is a strategic professional who stays abreast of developments within own field and contributes to directional strategy by considering their application in own job and the business. Recognized technical authority for an area within the business. There are typically multiple people within the business that provide the same level of subject matter expertise. Developed communication and diplomacy skills are required in order to guide, influence and convince others, in particular colleagues in other areas and occasional external customers. Significant impact on the area through complex deliverables. Provides advice and counsel related to the technology or operations of the business. Work impacts an entire area, which eventually affects the overall performance and effectiveness of the sub-function/job family.
This role will primarily focus on the review and approval of client marketing materials in APAC region for Citi Global Wealth Investments (GWM). The role holder will interact with a range of stakeholders across all levels of the organization including Business Managers, Desk Heads, Bankers, & Investment Professionals and Servicing Teams. In addition, the role holder will be expected to work closely with a diverse group of support and control functions including Business Risk, Compliance, Operational Risk, Legal and Internal Audit. Responsibilities:
- Review and approve marketing material on a timely basis
- Ensure GWM marketing material standard (e.g. fair and balanced, no misleading or promissory language, appropriate disclosures) is met
- Ensure marketing materials sent to client/prospect comply with GWM regional and global guidelines as well as applicable laws, rules and regulations in APAC
- Provide day-to-day advice and guidance to business stakeholders relating to the preparation of marketing material
- Develop and maintain procedures for preparation and review of marketing materials
- Responsible for managing and supporting multiple risk and control programs for the organization including defining the strategy, approach, processes, quality, tools and reporting that provide global risk management consistency and excellence.
- Works closely with business partners on findings and makes recommendations on improving practices.
- Develops procedural implementation and change management process with Operations and Reporting team to ensure proper governance and controls exist.
- Examines procedures for consistency and gaps relative to regulations in addition to impacts on customer experience.
- Monitors exceptions to dispute policy and identifies drivers of exceptions.
- Leverages data to examine impacts to Customer Experience and Regulatory breaks.
- Has the ability to operate with a limited level of direct supervision.
- Can exercise independence of judgement and autonomy.
- Acts as SME to senior stakeholders and /or other team members.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- 6-10 years relevant work experience in reviewing marketing material with a focus in APAC. Added advantage if candidate is proficient in Chinese language and/or has ability and experience to review marketing material in Chinese language, due to coverage for the Greater China region.
- Knowledge of Hong Kong and Singapore laws, rules and regulations
- Consistently demonstrates clear and concise written and verbal communication skills
- Effective organizational influencing skills required.
- Demonstrated ability to lead global team efforts
- Excellent problem solving skills; ability to see the big pictures with high attention to critical details
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement strategy and process improvement initiatives.
Bachelor's/University degree or equivalent experience, potentially Masters degree Job Family Group:
Risk Management Job Family:
Business Risk & Controls Time Type:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the " EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting