VP for Group Quality & Service Excellence
ABOUT Group Quality & Service Excellence (GQSE)
We are a diverse group of around 20 individuals based in Singapore and Malaysia. Our team members are either ex-consultants with financial industry experience or experienced change practitioners from leading financial institutions/global MNCs.
Our mission is to be the trusted advisor and partner to senior management and their teams in transforming their organizations for the future. We help senior stakeholders shape their strategic agenda and work closely with their leadership teams to define their strategic priorities and transformation roadmap. We also partner these leadership teams in driving their most complex cross-functional initiatives. We measure our success by the lasting value that we create for OCBC. OPPORTUNITY WITH THE GQSE DIVISION
You will have the opportunity to work on the most important initiatives across OCBC. The work is project-based and broad ranging. As a VP, your role will be to manage and steer the projects you work on day-to-day directly with leadership teams across divisions and geographies. You may work alone or be supported by 1-2 junior team members. You will also work with Heads of Department within the division on project proposals to senior stakeholders.
We are focused on growing talent. At OCBC, We See You; We will bring out the best in you and empower you to excel. Our greatest pride is seeing our people succeed. As you grow your career within the GQSE division, there is ample opportunity to become a Head of Department or Subject Matter Expert in your areas of interest. If you aspire to move into a line role, the relationships that you build as you work across the group will open many opportunities to move into the business. ROLE & responsibilities
- Advise the business by bringing a strategic point of view and sound approach to problem solving
- Plan and lead large-scale projects
- Represent GQSE in stakeholders' discussions
- Manage and guide the work of junior team members throughout their project assignments and help with their professional development
- Drive GQSE initiatives (e.g. recruiting, training within GQSE and across OCBC)
At present, we are looking for individuals with strategy and transformation experience to complement our existing team.
The candidate should offer good financial services knowledge with a 'consulting toolkit'. The candidate must have at least 5 years of consulting experience with a reputable firm and/or strategy/transformation division of leading financial institutions
In an ideal candidate, we look for:
- Proven experience in delivering strategy and transformation projects, preferably involving new business models
- Ability to learn quickly, think strategically and critically, and articulate complex ideas in understandable ways
- Good knowledge of how financial services businesses work and latest trends (including digital) impacting the industry
- Comfortable working in an unstructured, cross-divisional, and multi-stakeholder environment