We are looking to hire an OTC equity derivatives lawyer (qualified in England, Singapore, Australia or another common law jurisdiction) to join our legal team based in Singapore. The candidate must have at least 5-7 years PQE, having worked at a top tier law firm and preferably, in an in-house legal role at a leading financial institution or a buy-side organization as well. Responsibilities :
The candidate will be providing legal structuring, advisory and transaction execution support for the firm's derivatives business. Familiarity with ISDA, CSA and IM documentation and Definitions is therefore essential. The candidate should ideally have expertise in equity derivatives (e.g. swaps, futures, options), although the firm is open to considering candidates with expertise in other types of derivatives such as FX, rates and credit. In addition, prior experience in repo and securities lending transactions would be advantageous.
The candidate is also expected to keep abreast of regulatory developments (including EMIR, Dodd Frank, Securities and Exchange Commission and other similar regulations) that are likely to impact the business. Experience with EMIR protocols, DFA registration and MAS reporting requirements will therefore be very helpful.
In providing legal support, he or she will be required to work closely with the Public Markets, Risk Management and Treasury teams within the firm. He/she will also be expected to arrange for internal training sessions. Requirements :
- Lawyer with at least 5-7 years of derivatives experience primarily in equity derivatives
- Solid experience in negotiating ISDA, VM, IM, MCA, GMRA & GMSLA
- Familiarity with global regulatory regimes relevant to derivatives and their impact
- Experience with Dodd Frank agreements, EMIR cooperation agreements, IM implementation, clearing and trade reporting preferred
- Ability to work independently
- Strong work ethic, ability to work in a time sensitive environment, with good interpersonal and communication skills, team player
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to multi-task