Vice President/Assistant Vice President, Specialist, Technology Risk - Framework, Risk Management Group
Risk Management Group works closely with our business partners to manage the bank's risk exposure by balancing its objective to maximise returns against an acceptable risk profile. We partner with origination teams to provide financing, investments and hedging opportunities to our customers. To manage risk effectively and run a successful business, we invest significantly in our people and infrastructure.
Technology is key to enabling the DBS vision of being the leading bank in Asia. We are constantly challenged by ever changing technology landscape, increasing customer sophistication / demands and introduction of new / updated regulatory requirements. We need passionate Technology Risk Managers who play a high impact role as second line function in enhancing the bank's technology risk and cybersecurity posture. This includes identifying potential technology and cybersecurity risks associated with existing, evolving and new technology systems and business processes, assessing potential impacts and engaging with other technology leaders on the risk treatment options based on enterprise risk appetite. Risks and mitigation plans are reported to senior leadership for review and attention. The Role
Formulate and maintain information and technology risk policies, standards and guidelines for the organisation, and work closely with the Technology stakeholders to enforce information and technology risk management policies and standards. The incumbent is responsible for delivering effective governance forums on technology risks including tracking and reporting. The role involves conducting regular awareness training for staff on cyber, information and technology risks, including policies, standards and relevant topics and periodically publish technology risk awareness articles.
The incumbent is a driven, self-starter, who plays an active role working in a dynamic environment with the Technology risk teams and is expected to have analytical skills to assess information and identify potential risks, be inquisitive on risks and controls issues. The role requires working closely with and partnering with Operational Risk Management (ORM) in monitoring operational risk tolerance metrics, operational risk events and control deficiencies, as well as preparing reports to relevant Risk Committees. There will be frequent opportunities to represent Technology Risk's view in risk forums and different levels of risk committees. The demands and high-visibility nature of this position require an expert with a proven ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment and who can begin contributing immediately. Responsibilities
- Formulate and maintain information and technology risk policies, standards and guidelines for the organisation, and work closely with the Technology stakeholders to enforce technology risk management policies and standards.
- Review adequacy of technology standards and guidelines in alignment with the associated technology risks.
- Analyse and identify emerging trends, hotspots, systemic issues and potential technology risks, including tracking and management reporting.
- Analyse trends, anomalies and behaviours and work with technology stakeholders to design and implement technical IT risk measure that are relevant to the Lines of Business.
- Use data driven approach to challenge both historical and proposed practices.
- Partner with first line peers to succinctly frame and report on infrastructure and cybersecurity risks relative to risk appetite.
- Responsible for delivering effective governance forums on technology risks including tracking and reporting.
- Perform thematic second line assurance reviews, including short and targeted focused reviews for areas of topical and key concern.
- Conducts regular awareness training for staff on cyber, information and technology risks, including policies, standards and relevant topics and periodically publish technology risk awareness articles.
- Enhance the business' understanding of regulatory/compliance risk requirements and the implications to the organization.
- Proactive in forging effective engagement with key stakeholders on risk management and governance matters.
- Ability to work independently, prepare and write comprehensive reports for senior management on technology risk management activities and risk events for presentation to risk committees.
- Ability to communicate complex technology risk concepts in a clear and concise manner.
- Supports budgeting, administration and coordination with internal and external partners for technology risk related matters.
- Degree holder in Information Technology, Computer Science or related discipline.
- Minimum 12-15 years of working experience in relevant field.
- Professional memberships and security certifications would be considered favourably (e.g., CISA, CISSP, CISM, CCSP, etc.):
- Professional security or risk management certifications.
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)
- Certified Risk & Information Systems Control (CRISC).
- Certified Cloud Security Professional (CCSP).
- Certifications related to SRE such as SRE Practitioner.
- Excellent in leadership skills.
- Moderate to master proficiency in developing & coaching, communication, business focus, planning & organising, teamwork & collaboration, and problem solving.
- Change/innovation oriented, takes ownership of results, and is customer focused.
- Strong proficiency in technical/product expertise and knowledge in relevant fields.
(1) Technical Experience
- IT professional with good experience in technology platforms and systems in banks.
- Experienced IS or risk professional with experience and exposure to Agile, DevOps, SRE and security.
- Proficiency in risk assessment tools, data analysis, and reporting software.
- Prior experience in either banking, IT risk management, security-related or IT audit.
- Sound knowledge in regulatory requirements (e.g. MAS Notice 644, 655, and TRM guidelines) and industry standards/ frameworks such as ITIL, SANS, COBIT, NIST, ISO 27001/2, Cyber Security Act, Banking Act, Personal Data Protection Act.
(2) Non-Technical Experience
- Superb interpersonal and communication skills that include active listening, writing and executive presentation skills.
- Excellent influencing and persuasion skills.
- Proven critical analytical, including and the ability to express a point of view supported by data (with both technical and non-technical audiences).
- Comfort raising concerns early and knows when to escalate, including the ability to raise issues and facilitate constructive problem-solving at all levels of the organization.
- Experience in a second line or oversight role at a financial institution or regulatory agency.
- Good planning and other project management skills, including strong organisation skills.
- Must be solutions oriented; ability to work with all levels of management and staff.
- Self-driven, passionate about hands-on learning on emerging technologies and its risks.
- Self-starter, performance-oriented individuals.
- Passionate about driving change through innovation.
- General understanding of overall banking business.
(3) Work Relationship
- Support the Head of Unit in discharging the responsibilities of the team.
- Strong ability in knowledge sharing with peers.
- Contribute as a member of Team and collaborate with fellow team members and technology managers.
- Develop relationships with peer in the technology organisation.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.