Vice President - Cost Finance Business Partner
Vice President - Cost Finance Business Partner Singapore
As a Barclays Vice President - Cost Finance Business Partner, you will become part of the APAC Cost team. Together, you will provide high quality, insightful analysis to key stakeholders to help understand the regional cost base and drive performance, and partner with colleagues in developing ideas and business cases for strategic growth initiatives. You will also build connectivity with Global Finance teams and maintain awareness of the Global Finance focus, especially in the Cost space.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity - helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive, and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted. What will you be doing?
What we're looking for:
- Providing high quality, commercial, insightful analysis to key Business and Finance stakeholders to help drive regional performance
- Partnering with the business in providing cost analytics to drive performance and help to develop business cases for strategic growth initiatives
- Supporting the team lead, who is joint APAC Finance BM and head of Costs, which may involve involvement in BM tasks in addition to Costs
- Providing support and direction to other team members and cross coverage to ensure coverage during periods of leave
Skills that will help you in the role:
- Accounting qualification required, with some practical knowledge of managing costs in a large, complex organisation
- Solid knowledge of cost metrics (e.g. direct, allocated) and broad level understanding of legal entity financials and allocation principles
- Attention to detail along with the ability to analyse trends/data, to identify anomalies and provide insightful analysis, and to use the analysis to constructively challenge and/or provide suggestions
- Stakeholder management and relationship building skills, and the ability to collaborate and leverage information from multiple stakeholder groups, while drawing linkages and conclusions from them
Where will you be working?
- Working knowledge of the Asia Franchise businesses (Banking, Corporate Banking, Markets and Private Bank), as well as the Global BI/ CIB businesses
- Data mining skills (using excel or other tools) to handle large volume of data
- PowerPoint/ Presentation skills to present findings/analysis in a concise and effective manner
Our office is located in Marina Bay Financial Centre, which has been carefully crafted into a "city in a garden". Overlooking the scenic skyline along the Marina Bay waterfront, the green spaces and rooftop terraces have been designed to optimise employee well-being. The centre provides an integrated live-work-play development, surrounded by shops, restaurants, gyms and an alfresco dining area. Our convenient office location means you're just a 5-minute walk from the nearest MRT station.